• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Black Hole
gonna be a tough game...but have to go with siegel by 2

825622561[/snapback]

I cant begin to Imagine how this game is going to go should be a GREAT game

Well what kinda team is Ridgeway? I've never seen them play.

825622570[/snapback]

Jwill05,

Here's my assestment (a re-post) of Ridgeway....Please tell me about Siegel--strengths AND weaknesses:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ridgeway is a solid, fundamentally-sound basketball TEAM, with an uncanny knack for winning the close games. They play the type of basketball that I just LOVE to watch--unselfish, lots of ball movement (without STALLING), controlled fast breaks.. Their passing game is spectacular, especially on the interior. Even the big dude, Niles, gets his share of assists!

Ridgeway is a versatile squad that plays with lots of heart and energy. They don't have the depth & imposing team height of Raleigh Egypt, the complete balance of Fairley or the athletic deluge of Mitchell. Instead, Ridgeway's forte is... old fashioned, consistent production from 6 or 7 guys that KNOW their roles. They play their roles. Plus, they excell in those roles. Nothing fancy.

Ridgeway has a good inside-outside attack & can play ANY style of basketball necessary, to win the game. They shoot the 3-ball reasonably well, though "streaky" is more indicative...Free throw shooting is good, and the defense is sound. They put LOTS of pressure on the ball & tend to force many turnovers.

I would like to see Ridgeway take care of their defensive boards, better--MUCH better (Fairley seemed to annihilate Ridgeway on the offensive boards...though, in all fairness, Fairley outrebounded MOST all of the teams it played against!)

Pierre Niles gets most of the headlines for Ridgeway but, IMO, their POINT GUARD (Mincy) is the key to Ridgeway's success. If he were considered for the MVP of their team--I would NOT argue against it! No--this is NOT to say that Mincy is better than Niles; just that Niles (AND his teammates) performs more EFFICIENTLY when Mincy is in the game.

Mincy's is a "textbook" floor general, as he does all the things a point guard should do: get everyone involved, timely passing, recognizing mismatches, ball handling, poise, minimal turnovers, clutch shooting, tough-nosed defense, tempo-control, court awareness, directing his teammates, etc.

Here's my acid test for Mincy's value to Ridgeway's team: What happens when when Mincy goes out of the game? Ridgeway tends to struggle! Conversely, when Niles goes out...well, Ridgeway seems to hold up much better.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this helps you, Jwill05.

--Good Luck, Ridgeway (and Raleigh Egypt)!

i'll tell yall like i told WC...Ridgeway is tough and Pierre Niles is a kid in a NBA power forwards body. Niles wont be completely stopped by anyone but from what i hear Ramsey matches up with Niles better than any other player in middle or east tn....i havent seen Siegel though so i dont know. this game should be close but i'll take the experienced Ridgeway boys by 8.

Well it looks like Siegel's season will end tomorrow! Ridgeway is a awesome team and Niles is a MONSTER!!!!! Siegel has no one to stop him (especially not Ramsey)!!! Ridgeway will win by 15 or more and they will win the State Championship!! Sorry Siegel and The Nation! Play every game like its your last and tomorrow it will be!!!! SORRY! :D

Edited by Kenneth Walton

I saw both games and what I took from the Ridgeway game is...they started out playing great defense...but when Wilson Central started pushing it with them and scoring a lil Ridgeway let off and wanted to run with them

Run all you want that will not scare siegel off...Ramsey is more athletic than Niles so he does have one advantage...if we win this game it will be on the boards....whoever wins the rebounding war wins this game

I'm not putting anything past this Siegel team but they do need to play alot better than tonight...should be a great game