Siegel vs. Ridgeway

OAKLAND

this coming from a former manager..

825627899[/snapback]

Siegel[/url]_Senior_ptII' date='Mar 23 2005 - 11:11 AM']well would you give the fans who came to every game one too? I mean they are a part of the team too arent they? They travel with the team, cheer them on, etc....

825627900[/snapback]

Id being saying the same thing regardless. Do fans stay at practice everyday? or keep charts of every game? Contrary to what some people believe, managers actually do have to work, at least the ones who take their responsibility seriously. Managers make the coaches job much much easier

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id being saying the same thing regardless. Do fans stay at practice everyday? or keep charts of every game? Contrary to what some people believe, managers actually do have to work, at least the ones who take their responsibility seriously. Managers make the coaches job much much easier

825627907[/snapback]

blah blah blah...

well i never saw a mgr sitting taking down stats with dislocated bones or blood dripping down their face.and never saw them get blamed for a loss or yellled at for missing a tackle either. while we were crying after a loss they were making plans on their cells. but them most of our mgrs were there to put moves on the players. but they were girls.

Siegel[/url]_Senior_ptII' date='Mar 23 2005 - 01:25 PM']I dont know they have such an important part...they might be blamed for the loss for not getting the towels quick enough...

825628095[/snapback]

ours never had towels and they put the water bottles down and let grass get in them. course u are so thirsty at practice u will settle for watered grass. guess old grad didnt sit out in the heat as a mgr only in the air con gym.

ours never had towels and they put the water bottles down and let grass get in them. course u are so thirsty at practice u will settle for watered grass. guess old grad didnt sit out in the heat as a mgr only in the air con gym.

825628107[/snapback]

trust me, i had to be there when they ran from the start of school right until practice started in november, had my fair share of days spent outside. Darn gym AC didnt work half the time anyways ;)

trust me, i had to be there when they ran from the start of school right until practice started in november, had my fair share of days spent outside. Darn gym AC didnt work half the time anyways ;)

825628128[/snapback]

so were you sitting or standing out in the heat, or were you RUNNING? big difference.

I think managers are important to a team. I also think that if the team wins the championship, the managers should get a ring too. But I wouldn't be bragging about it like slimdaddy has because even though managers are an important part, it's the players and coaches who win the games, not the managers.

I have been the manager for Cookeville for the past 4 years, and I can tell you that not all managers are losers that do not deserve recognition. I have done EVERYTHING the players have except dress out on game night. I have ran, lifted, practiced, anything they did I did. I made coaching decisions on players starting from who to start to what plays would work well next game. Finally, at the district tournament when Coach Bray was thrown out I had to call our offenses not one of the coaches and we erased a 17 point lead. Managers are very important and some are better than others, but they do deserve a ring if their team wins it.

I have been the manager for Cookeville for the past 4 years, and I can tell you that not all managers are losers that do not deserve recognition.  I have done EVERYTHING the players have except dress out on game night.  I have ran, lifted, practiced, anything they did I did.  I made coaching decisions on players starting from who to start to what plays would work well next game.  Finally, at the district tournament when Coach Bray was thrown out I had to call our offenses not one of the coaches and we erased a 17 point lead.  Managers are very important and some are better than others, but they do deserve a ring if their team wins it.

825628917[/snapback]

I agree that managers do deserve a ring too. It's just that the other guy was bragging about having more than anybody when he didn't really do near as much as the players did. Congradulations on your job well done.