Why is West TN so dominant

finestcopnyc

Naw..I don't think you can even start to make an argument that East Tn is "just as good as West" this year....6 teams from West Tn in the 3 finals...Doesn't hold water...Food for thought..Look at the loss totals for Peabody and Middleton...9 for Peabody 6 for Middleton..You don't think these guys are playing tough competition night in and night out over in West Tn??...They are getting better prepared during the regular season by having better competition than the East Tn teams are getting...Why do you think it is a "stupid" debate??..Maybe because you can't argue with the facts...

825624077[/snapback]

So -- are you trying to say that you don't think a team like Temple couldn't beat either Peabody or Middleton if they played them more than once? If you knew anything about Temple basketball -- you would know that they didn't play well against Middleton on Wednesday. People who have follow them knows they are better than what they showed against Middleton.

No, I'm not saying that Middleton doesn't have a good team -- 'cause they do.

They were the better team on Wednesday (congrats to them) --- but I have no doubt that if they played again it would be a different story.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't matter if they played them again...They lost when it counted...Had they played them twice during the regular season and won,what would it mattered if they lost to them in the state tournament....

Temple had a great year...And I got caught up in the hype..Reading and hearing about how good they were....Maybe the team did too...Why else would you explain a tournament tested team like Temple having a bad game in the opening round of the state tournament??...Either that or they just didn't respect their opponent...Whatever the case,they lost and are at home today....

It doesn't matter if they played them again...They lost when it counted...Had they played them twice during the regular season and won,what would it mattered if they lost to them in the state tournament....

Temple had a great year...And I got caught up in the hype..Reading and hearing about how good they were....Maybe the team did too...Why else would you explain a tournament tested team like Temple having a bad game in the opening round of the state tournament??...Either that or they just didn't respect their opponent...Whatever the case,they lost and are at home today....

825624088[/snapback]

Yes, we are at home and i'm sure there are many people who smiling from ear to ear (like yourself). I think many things could be said of why they lost in the opening round of the state tournament, but to say that the east teams are better than the west teams? Sure there are two teams from the west in the championship game, but you can't say emphatically the west necessarily has the better teams. I'm not taking anything away from the west -- but I feel the east has some great teams.

Yes, we are at home and i'm sure there are many people who smiling from ear to ear (like yourself). I think many things could be said of why they lost in the opening round of the state tournament, but to say that the east teams are better than the west teams? Sure there are two teams from the west in the championship  game, but you can't say emphatically the west necessarily has the better teams. I'm not taking anything away from the west -- but I feel the east has some great teams.

825624097[/snapback]

Why do you think I'm smiling??..Am I proud of the fact that my home end of the state dominated Murfreesboro this year??..Yes,I am...But,I picked Temple to win the Single A state championship...Like you did,I imagine....

This year there is NO DOUBT...6 teams,3 Championship games..All from West Tn....THIS year the West Tennessee teams are better......And I am saying that EMPHATICALLY..... thumb

In the Memphis area, it's been this way for at least 20 years that I've been involved, kids play basketball year around, starting as early as 7 or 8, Park Commision, AAU, Middle School and on to H.S.

825624126[/snapback]

I've even heard of them there tales where some kids are born and are given a basketball instead of a pacifier....from some of the old schoolers..lol :)

I'm not originally from Tennessee, but what is the big deal about what part of the state that you're from when it comes to high school basketball? Just a question.

And to answer the person who said that he doubts that Temple could beat West Carroll, Peabody, Lake Co., Middleton, JCS, or Middle College. What makes you think that Temple couldn't beat any of these teams? Are you just saying that because of the result of Wednesdays game? If you are then you are not being very realistic, plus you are clueless about Temple's talent and abilities as a basketball team.

And to say that Temple played "weak teams" all year is just ludicrous. Plus, you have to understand the mentality of many of the public schools in our area -- who don't want to schedule Temple knowing that they might get beat by a small 1A Christian school. So, don't get on here and tell me that Temple couldn't beat these schools that you mention, because I have no doubt that they could.

Everyone who watched the game against Middleton on Wednesday knows that they were watching two championship caliber teams. Temple just fell apart in the closing minutes for whatever reason. Congrats to Middleton and I believe they will win the G-ball today. You beat us -- and you deserve it.

I don't mean to bring race into the picture. So please no one get mad at me for saying this. West TN has more black people than east and middle tennessee. That has a lot to do with the west usually being better than the east.

825623561[/snapback]

LOL.TRUE and because of Mainly Memphis they carry the weight of basketball for the whole state plus they are the biggest city in the state Memphis's basketball talent is always some of the best in the country.if you spread some of those teams out in triple a like white station for instance put them in the east and they would make the state and all these other teams in Memphis it is so hard just to make it out of the city.

Let's see -- the last time I checked the east has had the best teams the last few years (I'm talking specifically about 1A).

Last year ('04) Unaka (from the East) was the state champs.

Grace (from the East) were runners-up.

Temple (from the East) were in the semi-finals along with CPA (from Middle Tn).

The year before that ('03) Temple (from the East) were state champs.

gbbk20.jpg

And the year before that ('02) Temple (from the East) were state champs.

bbbk87.jpg

In 2001 it was Chattanooga Christian (from the East).

Hmmmm. . . . . . :ph34r:

825623621[/snapback]

Get real dude.Yeah east TN probaly dominates single A but that is all they will ever dominate because Memphis mainly plays triple A something that really matters.Temple could not compete even in 2 a they are just lucky that they are in single A and don't bring up the fact that are small cuz i know that but you acting like they could really beat somebody that actually meant something

Edited by SPfan11

Between the girls & boys tournament, the West will have secured 10 of the 12 gold/silver championship balls. Is this a fluke or a trend? Thoughts and predictions for next year. Is this the real reason for the redistricting efforts to thwart the West's dominance? What will Daddy Ronnie do next? Will the financial influence that dominates TSSAA create another change in a few years? Feel free to input. :ph34r::lol: