Williamson County

chs05

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry about not posting after the chs/fhs game...

franklin was better than i thought they would be. with brad veach and david defatta in the midfield they're really strong in the middle. they have a lot of speed on the outside. they don't take good shots but they didn't need to that night. Centennial can't score. that's really the best way to describe them. they probably had more posession in the attacking third than franklin but they can't score. their defense is still too week (as witnessed by the horrible foul that gave fhs the game-winning pk). if these two teams meet later in the year centennial could win, but franklin is defintly the better team at this point. congrats rebs.

jason sparks did get a red card but apparently there is some high school rule where you don't have to sit out if its a soft red. he got his first yellow at ravenwood for running into the goalie i think and his second for dissent, although if you know jason, it wasn't one of his more animated responses. the ref was card happy and he got the shaft.

the centennial ravenwood game was a great game to watch.  both teams played hard the entire game and never seemed to have any lapses in the game (which happens at most high school games).  i had a feeling after the first few minutes the game would end in a tie.

both teams appeared to be evenly matched and while i think ravenwood had more shots, centennial probably had as many or more on goal.  the race for the second seed in district 11-AAA should be exciting.  franklin vs. centennial thursday should be a great game and has a lot implications for the district rankings.  that being said, it wouldn't surprise me at all if that game ends in a tie as well.

respond with any thoughts you have on thursday's battle of franklin.

825645672[/snapback]

chs05, are you a high school player? You really get around to alot of Williamson Co. games and your posts so a really good grasp of the styles and personalities of the teams. You should consider being a sports writer or comentator.

bhs007, thanks for the complement but no i'm not a player. i was in the past, but have stopped playing as i'm putting my time and energy into some other thins. that being said...i miss it like crazy and am still close with the guys on the team and get to as many williamson county games as i can.

Centennial and Brentwood Academy tied 1-1 last night. i'll admit i was pretty disapointed as i thought the cougars would finally get another win. the game was decently played. no one player stuck out with the exception of ba's corbin walker. last night was probalby the best patrick mcfarland and jason sparks had struck the ball for the cougars but corbin came up big multiple times. both teams had shaky defenses. i do think centennial has a couple more skilled players (sparks, mcfarland) but ba plays hard the whole time, plays as a team, and doesn't have any glaring weak link.

i'd just like to thank the tennessean for printing that article about walker the day of the game (sarcasm). my friends and i were talking and we knew he would come up big after that headline "good goalie's bad day costs team." it was the first time i had seen him play in over a year and he was very good. i'm still gonna say lazear is the best in the county, but corbin isn't really far behind. good game ba.

My new Williamson County Rankings

1) Brentwood- despite loss to hhs still have impressive record and clearly class of the county

2) BGA- beat centennial, tied franklin, most talent after brentwood needs to play more consistent and could be even better

3) Franklin- playing very well right now, scoring two goals each in wins over BA and centennial.

4) Ravenwood- with first senior class could be due for their first run through regionals and sectionals

5) Cetennial- has not played horrible but can't get the wins against teams they could beat (ba, ravenwood)

6) BA- plays hard. potential to upset some better teams (evidenced by the tie of father ryan)

i have seen all these teams play at least once. i don't think there is a whole lot of difference in these teams after brentwood. particularly franklin, ravenwood, and centennial. franklin's playing the best now but anything could happen by the end of the year.

7abc) page, ihs, fairview- i am yet to see these teams play with the exception of 1 half of a scrimmage for ihs. their records and games against each other don't seem to distance any one team from the other. anyone who knows a lot about these three teams please post your comments.

thats it. tell me what you think. by no means do i think i know it all.