Middleton class A state champs

And to add to your question, redandwhiteforever( because i was wondering the same thing), how many seniors did they have? Any of the main players seniors?

825625137[/snapback]

you know i honestly couldnt tell you....i know for sure Marq Murden(state tourney MVP) will be back.

occhs...i know it will be tough for both teams to win in the same year again but it never crossed our minds at the start of this season either. i agree UC will be tough to beat in A next year. i dont know who all Middleton has coming back, that will be the key for them.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know i honestly couldnt tell you....i know for sure Marq Murden(state tourney MVP) will be back.

occhs...i know it will be tough for both teams to win in the same year again but it never crossed our minds at the start of this season either. i agree UC will be tough to beat in A next year. i dont know who all Middleton has coming back, that will be the key for them.

825625750[/snapback]

They lose #15 Manuel Donis..#31Monterrio Williams..#33Chris Smith..#25..Leon Hunt..#45Darius Hart

They return Tourney MVP #35Marq Murden and guys I remember playing Saturday..#51Cody Childers and #55Jamicheal McKinnie...There may have been more played but i don't remember..They will still a very good team though....

Edited by occhsfanviachattanooga

They lose #15 Manuel Donis..#31Monterrio Williams..#33Chris Smith..#25..Leon Hunt..#45Darius Hart

They return Tourney MVP #35Marq Murden and guys I remember playing Saturday..#51Cody Childers and #55Jamicheal McKinnie...There may have been more played but i don't remember..They will still a very good team though....

In addition to Murden, Jamichael McKinnie, and Childers, we also have Al McKinnie, Chris Buggs, and Johnnie Tate to be back.

Congratulations to Larry Smalley and the Tigers...they had an incredible tournament run. 

Congrats to Clint Sisco and Peabody as well for a great finish!

825624500[/snapback]

:justwrestle: I am just happy that the Jackson Sun, which is claimed to be a West Tennesse paper, finally printed something about a team outside of Jackson. The paper has historically been unwilling to print quality article on teams like Middleton and Bolivar. I am not sure if it's because of the annual beatings Middleton puts on the private shcools of Jackson or maybe they just dont like us to the south. But I do have to give the paper some credit for our coverage of late. I guess all we have to do in Hardeman County is win TWO STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS every year and we can become a part of the paper as well.

:justwrestle: I am just happy that the Jackson Sun, which is claimed to be a West Tennesse paper, finally printed something about a team outside of Jackson.  The paper has historically been unwilling to print quality article on teams like Middleton and Bolivar.  I am not sure if it's because of the annual beatings Middleton puts on the private shcools of Jackson or maybe they just dont like us to the south.  But I do have to give the paper some credit for our coverage of late.  I guess all we have to do in Hardeman County is win TWO STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS every year and we can become a part of the paper as well.

825626152[/snapback]

They've printed stories about teams outside od Jackson b/c they printed about our team a unch of times.

:P I am just happy that the Jackson Sun, which is claimed to be a West Tennesse paper, finally printed something about a team outside of Jackson.  The paper has historically been unwilling to print quality article on teams like Middleton and Bolivar.  I am not sure if it's because of the annual beatings Middleton puts on the private shcools of Jackson or maybe they just dont like us to the south.  But I do have to give the paper some credit for our coverage of late.  I guess all we have to do in Hardeman County is win TWO STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS every year and we can become a part of the paper as well.

825626152[/snapback]

They print stuff about teams outside of Jackson all the time. They've printed stuff about Lake Co alot.

hey bigbody. middleton only lost one player last year. i said in previous post that if middleton would have not stall the ball in the third quarter last year with a 15 [point lead,they would have won the game and probably won it last year as well.but patrick nailed some shots down the stretch and strayhorn got some one on one matches at the end of the game with no help defense.but middleton still had a chance to win it at the buzzer and lost.i hear middleton was really hurting after that game in the substate but i know it has to be a good feeling for those guys to win an overtime game in the substate this year after loosing two straight substate games(mitchell and halls) and finally come home with the gold ball.some close games down to the wire if changed in the past could be more gold balls for middleton.but its good to see a good basketball team get over the hump and finally win it after getting to the big dance sort a speak.

Edited by bballfever

B) I am just happy that the Jackson Sun, which is claimed to be a West Tennesse paper, finally printed something about a team outside of Jackson.  The paper has historically been unwilling to print quality article on teams like Middleton and Bolivar.  I am not sure if it's because of the annual beatings Middleton puts on the private shcools of Jackson or maybe they just dont like us to the south.  But I do have to give the paper some credit for our coverage of late.  I guess all we have to do in Hardeman County is win TWO STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS every year and we can become a part of the paper as well.

825626152[/snapback]

I am right there with you. There were games that we would play while in Jackson and we would win and the Jackson teams would lose, but somehow the Jackson teams would still make it to be on the front page of the Jackson Sun. But I was so happy to see our boys picture on the front page.

GO HARDEMAN COUNTY..M-TOWN AND B-TOWN TIGERS..

B) I am just happy that the Jackson Sun, which is claimed to be a West Tennesse paper, finally printed something about a team outside of Jackson.  The paper has historically been unwilling to print quality article on teams like Middleton and Bolivar.  I am not sure if it's because of the annual beatings Middleton puts on the private shcools of Jackson or maybe they just dont like us to the south.  But I do have to give the paper some credit for our coverage of late.  I guess all we have to do in Hardeman County is win TWO STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS every year and we can become a part of the paper as well.

825626152[/snapback]

Yea thats right but Peabody wasnt even good enough to make the losers side with northside

They've printed stories about teams outside od Jackson b/c they printed about our team a unch of times.

825626320[/snapback]

:) come on my friends to the north, you have got to be joking right. The Jackson Sun the the most bias, liberal paper in Tennessee. Case in point, Middleton wins Sub-state, are you with me. What does the Jackson Sun put on the front page? Jackson Christian loosing their game. I would be fine with that if the paper promoted being a Jackson paper but they claim to be a West Tennessee paper. Thats my point. Sure Lake CO and others have had articles but the majority of quality articles are USJ, JACKSON CHRISTIAN, TRINITY CHRISTIAN, see a trend!!!

:) come on my friends to the north, you have got to be joking right.  The Jackson Sun the the most bias, liberal paper in Tennessee.  Case in point, Middleton wins Sub-state, are you with me.  What does the Jackson Sun put on the front page?  Jackson Christian loosing their game.  I would be fine with that if the paper promoted being a Jackson paper but they claim to be a West Tennessee paper.  Thats my point.  Sure Lake CO and others have had articles but the majority of quality articles are USJ, JACKSON CHRISTIAN, TRINITY CHRISTIAN, see a trend!!!

825626938[/snapback]

How many ads in the Sun are from Hardeman County or Lake County? How often do you see out of Jackson ads compared with Jackson ads?

Do they cover the private schools more? You mean the schools who's supporters buy a significant portion of the ads? You bet.

If I ran the Sun, I doubt if I'd do anything differently as far as sports coverage. Why would you?

:)

How many ads in the Sun are from Hardeman County or Lake County?  How often do you see out of Jackson ads compared with Jackson ads?

Do they cover the private schools more?  You mean the schools who's supporters buy a significant portion of the ads?  You bet. 

If I ran the Sun, I doubt if I'd do anything differently as far as sports coverage.  Why would you?

825627107[/snapback]

:o So I guess what you are saying blacksunshine is that it is all about money for the Jackson sun and not about the area teams and the young men and women's accomplishments. Look I will agree that the Sun has more ads from Jackson but that should not take away from the children and their success.