Thanks Caleb Skogen

WishIWasABaller

Caleb,

I hope you read this or your dad reads this and passes it along to you. I know losing state and not winning Mr. Basketball may have you down. But I would just like to say that It's been a pleasure watching you play the last couple of years. I wasn't even a Temple fan until I saw you play. First of all you're just a good player and can make the whole team better. What really stuck with me is how much fun you seem to be having out there. It looks like you just play with so much love for the game. Jacob was a good player but I enjoyed watching you play so much more. With you playing I never knew what was coming next; awesome dribble moves, blowing by defenders, crazy passes and then those dunks. I hate to see you leave Temple. Good luck at Mercer.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jake who? I completely agree you were deffinately the most explosive player temple has ever had- the best point guard to go through that program one of the best players ever at that school and in the state- you were heck of alot of fun to watch play- keep playing with the passion and the love for the game that you have- you were good enough to make people forget you had an older brother- congradulations and thanks for making high school basketball so fun to watch...

i just want to say thanks to caleb for all the great basketball. one of the things that i enjoyed was that you werent to good to dive on the floor for the lose ball. you just wanted to win. you just did whatever it takes to win and thanks for all the good memories and good luck at mercer and hope to see you back in temples gym next year. best of luck to you. - your underclassman.

How many kids have been on two state championship teams, been to the state tournament four times, named to the State Tournament First Team, been a Mr. Baskeball finalist, and recieved a full-ride to a division one school ?

The answer is not very many-- you are in an elite club of student athletes that have been able to accomplish that much in a high school athletic carear!

It might seem like loosing at the state tournament and not receiving the Mr. Baskeblall award was a big let down; however, think of how many Tennessee basketball players did not get a chance to play in the state tournament for any of their four years.

I am proud of you Caleb! (You owe me $200.00 for my plane ticket :P )

I saw you play for the first time last week. People were gasping and shaking their heads in amazement at your performance on the court. I almost jumped out of my seat in excitement as I watched you play.

In my opinion, the Temple - Middleton game was the best of the tournament. You were a pleasure to watch. Good luck down the road.

Caleb,

Congratulations on a great career, you are a class act. It was a pleasure watching you play in the state tournaments the last four years. Temple shows what high school sports is all about (team ball, sportsmanship and just having a good time playing basketball). I admire Coach Wadley and what he instills in all his players. I'll be keeping up with you at Mercer, good luck to you and Jake. I also thought you deserved Mr. Basketball this year and I was pulling for you. The Middleton/Temple game was the best two teams in the state and a great game.