MTSCA Coaches Poll

coachd

sorry to disagree with you, but what I said was no BS...while it is true some public schools have excellent coaches, for every great coach...such as the former Beech coach, Breeden at Riverdale, etc...there are probably 10 public schools that have coaches that know  nothing about softball...they are either a football coach or maybe a former baseball player trying to coach....most of them may not have ever seen a softball game before becoming coach....given all things equal, a good softball coach will beat a good baseball coach most every time because the strategies are so different.

I never said that girls cant be good softball player if they dont play travel ball. But look at the top 100 softball players in the state...I bet at least 99 of them play, or have played travel ball.

825629447[/snapback]

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yes, there are creative ways to circumvent the system. Recently a Harpeth girls basketball player got caught trying to exhibit her talent at a stronger program at Cheatham. The problem is, you get talented atheletes under weak school programs who want to increase their chances of getting the attention of college coaches. We have certainly looked at it with our girl, who is about to enter the high school arena. I've seen some excellent coaches locally, however with that being said - there are a select few that are embarrasing to their schools and have no business coaching. Those are the programs where politics of a community are involved. For you talented athletes this is their future.