MTSCA Coaches Poll

coachd

How is  Wilson Central that high up?????

825631127[/snapback]

I think Wilson central is at a down moment but overall I think they are a very strong team. One of their pitchers is out because she needed surgery and she wanted to have it now so she can play with her college next fall. Ashley George is a good pitcher but it is hard for a team to show well in tournaments with only one ace. I imagine she wears out and then she gets hit. I think they have another pitcher who is a freshman but she is less experienced. I am sure with Amber Lane gone she will become good very fast. Even with their lapse I still think their players are good and they will come around again. Dont count them out of the top yet.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is  Wilson Central that high up?????

825631127[/snapback]

that poll came out before Wilson's best player had to stop playing because of an injury...even without her, they are still better than anyone in their league except for Beech....i'm sure they will slip down some, but probably not out of the top 10

jmoses, you make accusations as if you know something, tell us just who does this.  TSSAA would love to know.  Otherwise it sounds like sour grapes.  I have never heard of a person housing a basketball or football player just so the address is within a certain zone, have you?  Does Marshall County have open zones?  Should Forrest or Marshall County High have to move up because of open zones?  Why do the 1A publics dominate girls basketball?  Beats me.  My bet is whatever school has the highest level of rec/travel ball activities available in the area for offseason training are the schools that succeed in certain sports.  Shelbyville's Sport Shop AAU program great example.  Goodpasture has Madison and Goodlettsville softball,  Forrest has Marshall Little League.  Ezell use to get Music City Park players.

825630122[/snapback]

I don't make unfounded accusations, It happens, I have first hand knowledge that it happens and ratting out kids isn't going to help, they have made a first step in fixing this problem and I think there are a lot of things that come together to make a good program. I just don't like hearing about the great private schools that have been skirting the rules for years. A lot of times without the schools knowledge.

I don't make unfounded accusations, It happens, I have first hand knowledge that it happens and ratting out kids isn't going to help, they have made a first step in fixing this problem and I think there are a lot of things that come together to make a good program.  I just don't like hearing about the great private schools that have been skirting the rules for years. A lot of times without the schools knowledge.

825633274[/snapback]

jmoses, I have to agree with STD on this one, there are just as many public schools which tread on the gray area when it comes to kids playing ball....althought I will admit its not always the schools fault. I think the schools try to do whats right, its the kids or parents that dont always follow the rules....as witnessed by the cheatham cty girls basketball.

Edited by Bleacherbum

Let me get this right here....... some parent picks one public over another public for whatever reason....someone is offered a better education worth thousands of dollars.........PLEASE...Just give it up. I heard about privates doing this for years and never thought much about it till a couple of years ago TWO friends from work were offered deals to private schools. One took it and one turned them down. So i stopped thinking it was just sour grapes and unfounded accusations. I can't believe public schools can offer that much to have kids moving around. Our little 1A school has to compete with all the schools public and private and I don't care for cheating by either. We do a darn good job of getting girls ready to play a long time before they get to High School and it shows. And like I said they have taken a step in the right direction for next year there are still things that need to be addressed.

Let me get this right here....... some parent picks one public over another public for whatever reason....someone is offered a better education worth thousands of dollars.........PLEASE...Just give it up. I heard about privates doing this for years and never thought much about it till a couple of years ago TWO friends from work were offered deals to private schools. One took it and one turned them down. So i stopped thinking it was just sour grapes and unfounded accusations.  I can't believe public schools can offer that much to have kids moving around. Our little 1A school has to compete with all the schools public and private and I don't care for cheating by either. We do a darn good job of getting girls ready to play a long time before they get to High School and it shows.  And like I said they have taken a step in the right direction for next year there are still things that need to be addressed.

825633524[/snapback]

Jmoses, I think you need to get your head out of the sand and wake up to the real world. Public schools dont offer the kids anything to come to school at their school. Very few, if any, kids transfer to another school to get a better education. They transfer to become part of a better athletic system, or because there are conflicts with a current coaching staff. What is offered though, is a chance to play on a competitive team, one that will draw college recruiters, which if the kid is offered a scholarship, does relate to many thousands of dollars.

I also believe some schools drive the kids out. Lack of support for athletics, gangs, and not so good academics are all good reasons to be unhappy. So once they are shopping they start thinking about a better softball program. Why not? If the TSSAA let's you do it and the county let's you do it, then go for it!

ahem let me bring something to your attention. i dont know if you have just forgotten or something.. but unless things have changed it takes 9 girls to win.. not 1 and im pretty sure that is how it will always be! So before you say Wilson Central is weak because they lost the "best player" think again. I have seen them play since she has been gone and im pretty sure they have some young new freshman who is taking care of that position. From what i heard, Wilson Central isn't suffering from losing a team member, they are just in a team slump. Seems to be happening to a lot of teams right now.

and for you liltaytay06.. we all know who you are.. dont get jealous just because Mt. Juliet isnt on there!

Go Lady Owls!!

ahem let me bring something to your attention. i dont know if you have just forgotten or something.. but unless things have changed it takes 9 girls to win.. not 1 and im pretty sure that is how it will always be!  So before you say Wilson Central is weak because they lost the "best player" think again.  I have seen them play since she has been gone and im pretty sure they have some young new freshman who is taking care of that position. From what i heard, Wilson Central isn't suffering from losing a team member, they are just in a team slump.  Seems to be happening to a lot of teams right now.

and for you liltaytay06.. we all know who you are.. dont get jealous just because Mt. Juliet isnt on there!

Go Lady Owls!!

825633808[/snapback]

It seems we have players arguing with players over a poll that really is just that--a poll. It is really meaningless to even debate or argue over a subjective topic. This is an opinion of the coaches, not the players. Athletes need to direct their energy towards playing the game and let the coaches determine such things as polls. Athletes must realize that coaches are more objective and qualified about such matters as determining subjective polls and can see beyond any rivalry, such as is the apparent case with Mt. Juliet and Wilson Central. Only the end results of a state tournament can objectively define a poll and who is the best in the state. Remember, the game is played for that purpose.

Besides, if my memory is correct, Blackman Softball was never rated in the top 6 of this poll in 2004 and yet, they made it to the state, finished 3rd or 4th, ahead of teams that were expected to be there, proving the point that these polls are subjective and how you play the game determines who is actually better on that day.

• 2 weeks later...
that poll came out before Wilson's best player had to stop playing because of an injury...even without her, they are still better than anyone in their league except for Beech....i'm sure they will slip down some, but probably not out of the top 10

825631147[/snapback]

Have you seen the other teams in their District play this year?!! Look at Hendersonville and the sleeper Mt. Juliet. Get a clue. They aren't the dominant force they once were.