2005-2006 CLASS AA

Guest catfish-hunter

I did not know that man thumb  I wish that a few more of those powerhouses from out west would move up to AAA.  It wouldn't matter to me if a couple of them moved down to A (ie Humboldt).  I really do hate to see that when the district tourney ends for the local teams from around here, then the reward for those teams that advance to the regional tourney will be to play the likes of Bolivar and Liberty.  Folks thought that playing Giles Co. in the regional tourney the past three years was tough, but the truth is that it's only gonna get tougher. 

How will Jackson South Side, Lexington (who I know returns Gardner), McNairy, and Chester Co. be next year btown???  I remember that both Chester Co. and South Side were pretty good last year and as much as you do clown on the Lexington fans they have won quite a bit of basketball games over the past couple of years. 

Finally, if losing players like Lake, Becton, and Walker didn't hurt Bolivar then I seriously doubt losing O. Kemp, Griggs, Murrell, and Robinson will affect them very much.  Kemp is back at the point & Chism and Rhodes inside are gonna be a tough matchup for anyone.  Just like last year, Bolivar is gonna have to find those guys outside who can both defend as well as knock down the long range shot.

825627490[/snapback]

I think you are getting your wish. I think that Humbolt is moving down to A next year.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AA should be the most competitve class next year. it should also be dominated by west tn teams once again. you know who im picking to win it all so i wont even make that prediction. its way to early for this but im gonna go ahead and predict a Bolivar/Haywood matchup and Mitchell/Liberty matchup in the semi's next year and a Bolivar/Mitchell slugfest for the state championship.

my top 5 in AA next year would be:

1. Bolivar- returning 3 starters Willie Kemp, Wayne Chism, Brandy Robinson, and Jeremy Rhodes could break out in his sophomore season and do a nice job of filling the shoes of Olajuwon Kemp. most importantly they bring back EXPERIENCE and great coaching.

2. Mitchell- Mitchell will have 3 of the top 10 seniors in the state next year with AA Mr. Basketball Thadd Young, Brandon Powell, and Andre Thornton all of which could be high major recruits next year. They will have the most talented team in the state but in my opinion lack of state tournament experience will be their downfall.

3. Haywood- return their 2 top guns Jarvis Varnardo and Lee Liggins and they are an experienced team as well, been to state the last 3 years, and a solid coach to go along with it.

4. Liberty- will be lead by senior Brandon Evans and a couple of solid juniors in Jewon Long and Devon Jones. lack of experience could hurt them down the stretch.

5. McMinn Central- had to show some love for someone not from west tn. Beau Brown will be one of the better seniors in the state next year.

sleepers- Kingsbury and Sheffield both from Memphis

825626681[/snapback]

Every AA team in the state will be watching Bolivar Central take home the Gold Ball again next year. In my opinion, they were the best team in the state this year, regardless of classification. I saw firsthand how good they were. My son plays for Sullivan Central. Congratulations Tigers and here's hoping you make it a 3-peat next year. You are a team with class and are extremely well coached. It was a pleasure playing you. Sorry we couldn't put up more of a fight!

Every AA team in the state will be watching Bolivar Central take home the Gold Ball again next year.  In my opinion, they were the best team in the state this year, regardless of classification.  I saw firsthand how good they were.  My son plays for Sullivan Central.  Congratulations Tigers and here's hoping you make it a 3-peat next year.  You are a team with class and are extremely well coached.  It was a pleasure playing you.  Sorry we couldn't put up more of a fight!

825627884[/snapback]

thanks for the compliments! i hope you're right about us winning it all again next year.

Guest catfish-hunter
I think you are getting your wish. I think that Humbolt is moving down to A next year.

825627828[/snapback]

I already knew that shredded cheese. I was just using Humboldt as an example.

AA should be the most competitve class next year. it should also be dominated by west tn teams once again. you know who im picking to win it all so i wont even make that prediction. its way to early for this but im gonna go ahead and predict a Bolivar/Haywood matchup and Mitchell/Liberty matchup in the semi's next year and a Bolivar/Mitchell slugfest for the state championship.

my top 5 in AA next year would be:

1. Bolivar- returning 3 starters Willie Kemp, Wayne Chism, Brandy Robinson, and Jeremy Rhodes could break out in his sophomore season and do a nice job of filling the shoes of Olajuwon Kemp. most importantly they bring back EXPERIENCE and great coaching.

2. Mitchell- Mitchell will have 3 of the top 10 seniors in the state next year with AA Mr. Basketball Thadd Young, Brandon Powell, and Andre Thornton all of which could be high major recruits next year. They will have the most talented team in the state but in my opinion lack of state tournament experience will be their downfall.

3. Haywood- return their 2 top guns Jarvis Varnardo and Lee Liggins and they are an experienced team as well, been to state the last 3 years, and a solid coach to go along with it.

4. Liberty- will be lead by senior Brandon Evans and a couple of solid juniors in Jewon Long and Devon Jones. lack of experience could hurt them down the stretch.

5. McMinn Central- had to show some love for someone not from west tn. Beau Brown will be one of the better seniors in the state next year.

sleepers- Kingsbury and Sheffield both from Memphis

825626681[/snapback]

Me and B-Town have one thing in common I think and that is not dreading playing each other next year. If everybody thought the matchups were intense this past year wait until next year. B-Town how do you look at the matchup next year? Edited by baseballa28

Me and B-Town have one thing in common I think and that is not dreading playing each other next year. If everybody thought the matchups were intense this past year wait until next year. B-Town how do you look at the matchup next year?

825632965[/snapback]

yea im lookin forward to it. i much rather see a matchup of 2 of the best AA teams in the state than watching us beat Chester County by 40, im sure you'd say the same thing. the games will be alot closer next year. this year we never had a game where both teams played their best, first game Liberty didnt play all that good and we won by 13, second game we played bad and Liberty won by about 16 or 17, third game was much more intense than the score shows and the fact that the season was on the line just added to it...Liberty was up 16 after the first then Bolivar dominated the other 3 quarters and won by 20...i didnt make it to that game and its a good thing cause i probably wouldnt be living anymore if i seen my boys down 18-2.

i think Liberty takes the first matchup next year since we'll have 3 guys gettin used to starting(2 didnt play hardly any this year) and then we'll take the next game, then you know i gotta go with my boys in the postseason. whats your take on it baseballa? yall gonna end our streak next year?