Where is the Sprint Kings? in midstate

sprint247

It just so happens that the Riverdale coach doesnt post any of their times. but if people second guss my statements they will be running their region meet this thursday at tomahawk stadium.

825669097[/snapback]

will you ask them to start sending them to me?

if they can send them in hy-tek html or race tab it will pull out the elite marks when I add them to the data base.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riverdale's FAT relay times faxed to me from this past weekend at Tullahoma:

4x100 - 43.36

4x200 - 1:32.15

4x400 - slower than 3:34, that's all I have

4x800 - 8:44.30

They went 1-2 in the HJ and won the vault there. They finished the meet 3rd overall with 95 points, behind Franklin (119) and us (98)

• 2 weeks later...

It turns out that the sprint "kings" in the 4x2 in the midstate turned out to be the one team that even I chose to write off: us. Our girls and boys 4x2 both win the 3AAA and move on. Hunters Lane (boys) and Hillsboro (girls) had the goods in the 4x1, and the sprinter from Overton was clearly the fastest AAA guy in middle TN this year.

Actually, rereading this thread is pretty funny to see what all was said back in March, including what I said.

Edited by kenwoodrun

The Hillwood student athlete's name is Tony Dennis. He would have anchored the 4x2 and 4x4. He also would have long jumped (he jumped 23 feet earlier this year at Doug Hall). Unfortunately he tore his ACL at Doug Hall and it wiped out Hillwood from sending anyone to state. Congrats to Hunters Lane for their Region WIN! thumb

So Edwards is gone...I didn't know that. I'm sure Coach Evans will miss him. I don't really know much about Franklin, I'm just going on a hunch that they will be good. I might be getting carried away when I say win the region, but they'll surprise some people. I guess Hunters Lane should remain the favorite for no other reason that Bernard Wilson, but Franklin has Hewitt, some solid relays, some jumpers, and they have a new hurdler this year that will contend from what I've heard.

I guess my logic is pretty weird...I'm thinking that Franklin went top two in the state this year in two sports where athleticism is important: football and wrestling. That means they've got the kids in the building to jump, throw and run if they can get them out. I think the new guy will get them out.

825627441[/snapback]

Franklin has Hewitt 47.99 @ great eight, Jonathon Haynes, Todd Cambell and ???

Edited by BigDogDaddy