New coach for Carter basketball?

Fake Panther 5

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. That is not correct either.

I think his last name is Turner? At least that is what I am told.

Don't know much else about him except that he played in high school at Halls about 8 years ago.

"You must win some....to convince some." Vince Lombardi (the greatest coach of ALL TIME!!)

Carter will have a coach by Friday may 20th (maybe before).

There will/have been 6 interviews

Lets try to fill in the missing names:

1) Flatford Cosby Head Coach teaching area Social Studies

2) Barnes Head Coach -some where in Ga teaching area Social Studies

3) Majors Ast. Coach Fulton teaching area ??????

4) Turner Ast. Coach (KIL school) teaching area ??????

5)

6)

Other canidates

Stan Ballard teaching area Math

Chris Lindsey teaching area Social Studies

Chuck Benson teaching area Social Studies

Current Halls girls coach no teaching area according to earlier post -Richard Head

Michael Dodgen son of Donald teaching area PE

Carter will have a social studies opening (Mitchell's teacher spot)

In Knox County a big part of the hiring is Teacher opening

Again, I would not count on any changes in administration.

Proven Principal, who is a great academecian. IMO, disgruntled parents do not warrant a change in this case.

Turner is currently a teacher at Gresham Middle. Asst. coach at Central High.

"You've got to win some....to convince some" Vince Lombardi (the greatest coach of ALL TIME!!)

I hear from my friends in West Knoxville that Lindsey is eager to return to the bench- maybe @ West or a private school.

825670732[/snapback]

That may be partially correct. Coach Lindsey has a few more years before he can retire from Knox County Schools and take advantage of a full pension. If he returns to the classroom, that pension would decrease. By staying in administration it will be a much higher benefit.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to a private school after he retires in a few years. Several have done that - Bill Young, Johnny Darden, and Richard Cowan at CAK, just to name a few. It's a great deal for them. They get full pension from Knox County for their years of service in the Knox County School system, plus they get a full salary from CAK. In the education/coaching profession, that's hard to beat.

As mentioned before, I am told he is a teacher at Gresham Middle School in Knox Co., and he is currently an assistant coach at Knoxville Central High.

From what a coach in Kingsport says, he is a good assistant coach and would have no trouble in stepping in and running a program. The same person told me that he will come in from day one and NOBODY will have a starting position until they prove they have earned it, including those that started last year.

"You've got to win some....to convince some." Vince Lombardi (greatest coach of ALL TIME!)

Souds like the Coach in Kingsport knows more about this guy that the Knoxville crowd.

Is Turner from Kingsport?

If he is in his twenties and played @D-B I should remember him.

When do we expect to hear something?

Where will the news break?

It took forever to confirm that there was an opening -even though Fake Panther knew before the CARTER AD knew.

Does the news-sentinel know that there is an opening @ Carter?

Will they report the new coach in there Preseason Basketball ISSUE ?

Does the news sentinel do a Basketball preview ?

Who were the 6 that interviewed and who has the correct teacher certification ?

Is Turner the type coach that Carter needs?

Edited by redupset

Chad Turner fits the bill ceritficate wise. I was told by someone close to the school that he will be named as soon as this Friday. That would indicate a "done deal".

I think this is a very good recovery for Carter basketball.

Turner will not be a stranger to the feeder schools and the Jr. Pro program either, as he will be a great supporter of those. Any good coach realizes those are key ingredients to the future of a program.

Best of all, those that stay......will play (if they desere it).

"You've got to win some....to convince some." Vince Lombardi (the greatest coach of ALL TIME)