Who will win the NL east

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you really even have to ask this one? I mean it is the boys from the ATL. The Braves are going to make it 14 in a row. Cox IMO the best manager in the league and will lead the Braves to the World Series this year.

825630098[/snapback]

You are so right, Cox is a genius! The Braves have one of the best pitching staffs in the league and added Mondesi and Jordan to a very potent lineup(Furcal, Giles, C. Jones, A. Jones, Estrada, and LaRoche)! The Braves will take the East again and Prolly with ease! thumb

im definitely pullin for the Braves but the Mets are breathing down their back. added Beltran to a lineup filled with young studs Wright, Reyes, Matsui...plus they got Pedro who very well could be the national league Cy Young winner. in the end though the Braves take it again. solid on offensive, pitching, defense....too much to handle. i think they get back to the Series this year. only downfall could be that outfield....other than Jones it stinks to be honest with yall. Mondesi and Jordan are WAY past their prime.

The Braves will once again barely beat of the Mets (and yes I am a Braves fan and those NY guys always make it too close for me) but we will probably choke in the playoffs but I think all of that depends on team chemistry. I think the biggest thing that can make or break our season is how Smoltz does in his regained role as a starter.

Mets will not be a contender, although they added Mo Vaughn and Roberto Alomar, I mean Pedro and Beltran. Pedro will be solid but not spectacular anymore, Beltran had the most financially productive 2 weeks ever in baseball, but is a real good young player, but not the Stud in postseason last year that can carry a team.

watch out for the Marlins, but as always

The Braves will win the division--World Series, NO--NL East--YES.

Depends on you Stud-O-Meter.  Beltran will be a 300 hitter with 30 HR, but not a 340 hitter 50 HR guy that can carry a team. 

If he played all year at the pace of 2 week playoff run he would hit 600 and 100 HR.  He had the greatest 2 weeks of his career in front of the world.

825634101[/snapback]

he's a not a power hitting stud like Pujols or anything but he's good all around. you can count on about a 280 ba, 35+ hr's, 100+ rbi's...thats solid power hitter numbers PLUS Beltran can flat out fly to go along with the bat. he stole 42 bases last year. he's one of the best defensive centerfielders as well. he's not the best hitter in baseball but he's solid all the way around. he's Arod with less power and more speed.

yea of course he wont match his playoff numbers...he was making Barry Bonds look like a little girl scout with those numbers he was putting up in the postseason.