Who will win the NL east

Mets will not be a contender, although they added Mo Vaughn and Roberto Alomar, I mean Pedro and Beltran.  Pedro will be solid but not spectacular anymore, Beltran had the most financially productive 2 weeks ever in baseball, but is a real good young player, but not the Stud in postseason last year that can carry a team.

watch out for the Marlins, but as always

The Braves will win the division--World Series, NO--NL East--YES.

825634062[/snapback]

The Mets had a good offseason, but they were too far away before it for their offseason to make them a title contender.

If they hadn't traded Scott Kazmir for Victor Zambrano, I'd be a lot less pessimistic about their chances this year...but that move was an awful one in every way, and it makes me question whether they will be able to make the trades they need to make coming down the stretch this year.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Braves will win the Nl East by more than 8 games over the Marlins the Mets will not be much of a contender.  The Braves will meet the Red Sox in the World Series which will be one of the best ever and it will be a very good matchup.

825635893[/snapback]

I like the way this man is thinking. Horacio Ramirez, look out for him on the mound for the Braves, he is going to be something special.

I think the real questions for the Braves is can the 34yo Mondesi return to his form of the 2003 season(.272 24HR 71 RBI)? And can Brian Jordan stay healthy enough to play at least 120 games?

If Mondesi returns to form, the Braves will have one of the most potent lineups in MLB! Jordan hasnt played more than 66 games in the past two seasons, but if he can stay healthy he is still very capable of batting near .300 and hit 20HR and have 70 RBI!

If something happens to one of the OF's, Langerhans has had a good spring and will get to see some PT in the Majors this season!

I think the real questions for the Braves is can the 34yo Mondesi return to his form of the 2003 season(.272 24HR 71 RBI)? And can Brian Jordan stay healthy enough to play at least 120 games?

If Mondesi returns to form, the Braves will have one of the most potent lineups in MLB! Jordan hasnt played more than 66 games in the past two seasons, but if he can stay healthy he is still very capable of batting near .300 and hit 20HR and have 70 RBI!

If something happens to one of the OF's, Langerhans has had a good spring and will get to see some PT in the Majors this season!

825636198[/snapback]

yea that outfield is way past their prime. i dont know what to expect from Mondesi, he hasnt been all that hot this spring. Jordan can be decent when healthy but that NEVER seems to happen. it probably wont matter though...last year they battled injuries and still made the playoffs. if Chipper and Giles can miss a good chunk of the season and still make the playoffs i dont see anything holding them back. Andruw Jones is swingin the bat better than ever this spring and Furcal is in a contract year and you know what that means...contract year=beat season of his career. Thompson and Ramirez have pitched like studs this spring and you know Hudson and Smoltz(if he can hold up the whole season) will put up allstar numbers. yall are right Ramirez has the potential to be really good but injuries have held him back in the past...if he stays healthy i wouldnt be surprised to see an era just over 3 from him this season.

Braves(14th in a row), Marlins, Phillies, Mets, Nationals

the Mets are the dark horse...everyone thinks the Braves, Marlins, and Phillies are the best three teams and I think they are, but the new Mets still have some pieces missing i think, but we will find out soon enough