who will win the AL west

please enlighten me on how the A's got better??? what players did they add to make them a better team despite losing Hudson, Mulder, and Dye? the Braves have won 15 straight division titles, the A's 0...bad comparison in my opinion.

825634086[/snapback]

He parted with some of the top-drawer talent that he wasn't going to be able to afford much longer and used the trades to bring in some good prospects and good MLB-ready players...and he also cleared a whole bunch of money to improve the rest of the team.

Oakland has some STUD pitching prospects on the verge of being ready...they're in better shape than you might think.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He parted with some of the top-drawer talent that he wasn't going to be able to afford much longer and used the trades to bring in some good prospects and good MLB-ready players...and he also cleared a whole bunch of money to improve the rest of the team.

Oakland has some STUD pitching prospects on the verge of being ready...they're in better shape than you might think.

825634553[/snapback]

WHO????? Haren, Blanton, Meyer??? actually they just sent Meyer back down to the minors to start the season. nobody on the rotation is gonna be good this year except for Zito and Harden. maybe a couple of years from now the other 3 will be good but they are not good enough right now to get them to the playoffs. their lineup has no proven power hitters in it except for Chavez, i really doubt anyone else will even get to 30. not enough bats to beat the Angels over the season.

WHO????? Haren, Blanton, Meyer??? actually they just sent Meyer back down to the minors to start the season. nobody on the rotation is gonna be good this year except for Zito and Harden. maybe a couple of years from now the other 3 will be good but they are not good enough right now to get them to the playoffs. their lineup has no proven power hitters in it except for Chavez, i really doubt anyone else will even get to 30. not enough bats to beat the Angels over the season.

825634710[/snapback]

Last season as a rookie, Bobby Crosby jacked 22 HR's, so expect him to hit at least 30 this season, Durazo can hit for an average and hit about 25 HR a year, it has taken a while for him to develope, but Byrnes showed last season that he can play in the big leagues! This team hits alot more for average than power, but dont think they aint got guys that can take it down town!

As far as pitching goes, I think the one pitcher that everyone is overlooking is Justin Duchscherer who came on pretty strong last season and had a 3.27 era in 53 games out of the bullpen! He provides a very reliable source out of the pen if some of the younger guys struggle early!