who will win the AL west

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to be the closest division if you ask me. The Angels seem like the clear favorite, but Oakland is competitive every year no matter who they lose, Texas came off a great season and look for them to build off that and the Mariners bulked up their pathetic offense from a year ago. I am still going to go with the Angels because of their pitching and their depth off the bench.

Few name for everyone to remember, Nix, Teixeira, and Blaylock! Theses three guys combined for 417 hits, 84 HR's, and 268 RBI last season, and neither of them are 25 years old yet! Then add Hidalgo's 25 HR, Mench's 26 HR, Young's 22 HR, and Soriano's 28 HR's, plus there two DH's combined for 28 HR last season(Dellucci and Matthews) and you have what I consider the most potent lineup in MLB from top to bottom! Oh and there weakest hitter, Barajas only hit 15 HR's in 108 games! Then add in two proven pitchers in Rogers and Drese, plus the best pitcher this spring in Park, plus Astacio who only pitched 5 games last season, then mix in some very lively young arms with Young and Dominguez and you have one scary team! Get ready, this team will win this division! And if you havent figured out who I am talking about yet, this is the TEXAS RANGERS!

The Rangers have a ton of young talent...Texiera, Blalock, and Soriano are capable of being 40 hr guys...but the Angels have still gotta be the favorite to take this one. they lost Guillien who caused problems all year and Glauss who has great power but stayed hurt all year but i still think they are good enough to win that division. i almost forgot to mention they added Steve Finley, he's old but still had 36 hr's last season. it will definitely between those 2.

Oakland is apparently in rebulding mode after breaking up possibly the best pitching staff in the game and throwin youngsters in the rotation this year....their offense isnt good enough to pick up the slack they lost by gettin rid of Hudson and Mulder.

Angels win easily, clearly better overall than the Rangers or A's.  Vlad can carry a good team.

825634065[/snapback]

I doubt they win easily. Every team has made themselves better. Some may say Oakland lost alot but Billy Beane is the second best GM in the game and knows what he is doing, so they will win. They have lost the likes of Giambi and Tejada and still have been winning. IMO they are the Braves of the West Coast. The Angels you know will compete. The Rangers still need to have proven pitchers. They put up those big numbers last years on offense and still didn't win the division. Seattle also got better on offense but like the Rangers the pithcing staff has to prve themselves.

I doubt they win easily. Every team has made themselves better. Some may say Oakland lost alot but Billy Beane is the second best GM in the game and knows what he is doing, so they will win. They have lost the likes of Giambi and Tejada and still have been winning. IMO they are the Braves of the West Coast. The Angels you know will compete. The Rangers still need to have proven pitchers. They put up those big numbers last years on offense and still didn't win the division. Seattle also got better on offense but like the Rangers the pithcing staff has to prve themselves.

825634070[/snapback]

please enlighten me on how the A's got better??? what players did they add to make them a better team despite losing Hudson, Mulder, and Dye? the Braves have won 15 straight division titles, the A's 0...bad comparison in my opinion.

please enlighten me on how the A's got better??? what players did they add to make them a better team despite losing Hudson, Mulder, and Dye? the Braves have won 15 straight division titles, the A's 0...bad comparison in my opinion.

825634086[/snapback]

you are also the guy who thought A-Rod played for Seattle in 2001 and BTW it is only 13 straight titles for the Braves. A's have a young pitching rotation which is highly touted, just like Mulder, Zito, and Hudson were. Every year Billy Bean makes great moves every seaons and until he proves otherwise I will believe in him. They have a potietal dominant closer in Dotel, above average catcher in Jason Kendall, and acquired a up and coming OF in Charles Thomas from the Braves. I could tell you more but I am afraid it is time to eat. But please get your facts striaght about my Braves.

you are also the guy who thought A-Rod played for Seattle in 2001 and BTW it is only 13 straight titles for the Braves. A's have a young pitching rotation which is highly touted, just like Mulder, Zito, and Hudson were. Every year Billy Bean makes great moves every seaons and until he proves otherwise I will believe in him. They have a potietal dominant closer in Dotel, above average catcher in Jason Kendall, and acquired a up and coming OF in Charles Thomas from the Braves. I could tell you more but I am afraid it is time to eat. But please get your facts striaght about my Braves.

825634140[/snapback]

yea you got me on the Arod thing....long time ago i couldnt remember for sure so i just typed at anyway. now back to the subject, the A's have ONE pitcher that is considered in the same caliber as the big 3 you mentioned and thats Harden, he's a stud by the way, the rest of the guys are not supposed to be as good as Hudson or Mulder so you can try to tell that lie to someone else. Dotel a dominant closer? 2 weeks ago there were rumors that he was losing his closing job to Huston Street before Street imploded in the last few st games. Kendall hits for average but nothing else, he only had 3 or 4 hr's last year.

and excuse me for saying 15 division titles about the Braves, i think thats how many they've won in all. i was just tryin to make a point my friend.......

Edited by btowntigers