rankings

mjuhb

Rankings don't mean anything

825636847[/snapback]

sure, rankings dont directly effect the way a team is seeded in a tournament or the way they play, but rankings are still important. they are a way of giving a good team the respect that it deserves. also they insight conversation and argument. rankings are great.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sure, rankings dont directly effect the way a team is seeded in a tournament or the way they play, but rankings are still important. they are a way of giving a good team the respect that it deserves. also they insight conversation and argument. rankings are great.

825636926[/snapback]

Giving a good team the respect that it deserves, right. Being number 1 in AAA doesnt mean much to us (Brentwood). All it does for us is make teams want to kick our butts. Rankings dont help a team, especially because they are hardley accurate. I mean Greenville is number 6th? who has ever heard of them and the big knoxville powers are down towards the bottom. When we play another team they will probably play their best game agaisnt us because we are number won. Rankings put too much pressure on the team if they are ranked high. And last year we were ranked number 2 before we played bga...lost that game 3-2 and then lost our next game agaist ravenwood 1-0. We moved down to number 8 or so. but then made it to the semi finals of state, what the heck!

i like the rankings and for the most part they are accurate i dont know abou greenville tho i know my freshmen year (junior now) we beat the liek 8-0 playin are 3rd string most the game but rankins lets every one know for the most part whos the best and lets you know where your team stands

1 brentwood

2 hendersonville

3 science hill

4 mcminn co

5 tullahoma

6 blackman

7 greenville

8 bearden

9 farragut

10 smyrna

thats mine for this week

825637583[/snapback]

I still don't understand the thinking of Greeneville. While they are 3-0, they haven't played anyone.

I still don't understand the thinking of Greeneville.  While they are 3-0, they haven't played anyone.

825637639[/snapback]

actually its 4-0 and they have beaten sevier county at sevier county, and tennessee high at tennessee..although tennessee high wasnt anything special...

Yes I am usually up by 7:30 on Tuesdays and Thursdays :angry: . Anyways, I believe rankings shouldn't matter. It's the ranking at the end of the year that everyone shoots for. Granted I haven't seen Greeneville play, but I can bet they aren't as good as Bearden or Farragut (correct me if I'm wrong.) Still not sure about Sweetwater. They beat Lenoir City but that was their first real test.

Do you think they are better than Farragut and Bearden?

825637690[/snapback]

i wish i could answer that...i havent seen farragut or bearden play since i was a sophmore...so im not gonna say yes and im not gonna say no...i cant go by the scores that they have posted on teams that greeneville has played...i know that farragut and bearden are definitly powerhouses, but im saying that i think greeneville does belong in there and they arent gonna be a pushover, no matter who plays them