SINGLE A FOOTBALL 2005

BIG DAWG 71

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know very little about 1A football and who are the good teams. But the one thing I do know is watch for Trousdale Co. to once again make waves when they return to 1A. They have played in 3A region for the last 4 yrs and with a break here or there could have been 3A State Champions 2 or 3 of those yrs.

Edited by Rocking Chair

Guest catfish-hunter

The two teams I'd watch out for are Trousdale Co. and McKenzie. Trousdale has enjoyed plenty of success in 3A without question and now with the return to 1A I'd have to say the Yellow Jackets are primed for a run at Murfreesboro. McKenzie has a star quarterback in Drew Hayes, who has lit up plenty of good 2A teams in west-TN for the past two years. Being in 1A, you had better plan on scoring a bunch of points to beat McKenzie.

Trousdale will be the best I think. Their coach is great, I watched them a couple of times and he is one the best I have ever saw in high school. I heard Collinwood beat Mckenzie in a scrimmage this spring, its just a scrimmage. It was said both teams were small. I though Mckenzie might be a factor in 1a.

Trousdale will be the best I think. Their coach is great, I watched them a couple of times and he is one the best I have ever saw in high school. I heard Collinwood beat Mckenzie in a scrimmage this spring, its just a scrimmage. It was said both teams were small. I though Mckenzie might be a factor in 1a.

825637652[/snapback]

Colinwood did beat McKenzie, but it wasn't a spectacular showing by either. McKenzie didn't execute well on offense or defense. Drew had receivers open, but the line couldn't hold blocks long enough to let him get a good throw off. I'm almost 100% positive that will change by this fall. The defense is another story however. They didn't play very well against Collinwood or Milan. They have alot to work on, but I think they'll also come around when the pressure is on. Colinwood was very small, but that little tailback, #10 I think, was very quick and had some good moves. He didn't run near as well at the end of the game as he did at the beginning. After taking a few hits, he stopped running as hard. They had a few good passes but against a trained secondary the one that went for a TD would be stopped. All in all, both teams looked like they needed more work, and I don't know about Collinwood, but McKenzie is working.

Trousdale will make an immediate impact--no doubt about that.

South Pittsburg will probably return to their usual form. Oneida always seems to be in the final eight or 16. All my opinions are about the eastern half of the state. Don't know much about the other half.

The landscape has changed considerably with many of the old names (mostly private) now in 2A. I look for Temple to make an impact in the next year or two. The strides they made from 2003 to 2004 were incredible. A lot of people don't take them seriously yet, but I have a feeling they will before long.

Trousdale will make an immediate impact--no doubt about that.

South Pittsburg will probably return to their usual form.  Oneida always seems to be in the final eight or 16. All my opinions are about the eastern half of the state. Don't know much about the other half.

The landscape has changed considerably with many of the old names (mostly private) now in 2A. I look for Temple to make an impact in the next year or two. The strides they made from 2003 to 2004 were incredible. A lot of people don't take them seriously yet, but I have a feeling they will before long.

825637903[/snapback]

I think we (Temple) will make an even bigger stride from the 2004 season to the 2005. We have almost everybody back but 4 starters. We wont be the same kind of passing team as the previous years. We wont go verticle nearly as much, bc we dont have Caleb Skogen anymore. Were changin out offense to quick pass. But the recievers we have lined up this year are goin to be much better than the ones last year not individually but as a group. There is more of an equal balance. among them. We also have some other players stepping up big for us.