Harriman vs. Rockwood

ohh i love it when i am right....just like i said in the bag. once agian Harriman's bats and solid infield won the game. i think they had 1 error and it was on the first or second Rockwood hitter. way to go blue devils.

825639317[/snapback]

BLUE TEAM HAS A LONG WAY TO GO---ONE GAME AT A TIME AND IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO WE PLAY-- YOU GOT 9 PLAYERS WITH A BALL AND BAT THEN WE DO TOO!!!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blue devils are looking tough! Cummings must be shooting for Player of the Year!

Saw some good things last night for Harriman. Coach A. has the kids swinging the bats. Best of luck the rest of the year. Hope Eble get's back soon.

Rockwood is young this year. Heard some Rockwood faithfuls saying that Coach L. doesn't care anymore, just wants to move on to the college ranks. Give me a break! This Coach has given everything he's got to the Rockwood program. He's not going to create miracles. They will get better. Why? Because of young talent and a Coach that teaches the fundamentals and technique. Look at how many underclassman that are starting on this team. You want to be mad because Coach L. is wanting to move to the next level, fine. Don't blame him for the lack of experience this year.

BBALLTN- Where the heck have you been, and what the heck did your last post mean "then we do too"? You've been hanging around Tank too much at HC!

My freshman year at Rockwood we ended up starting 3-5 freshmen on a given day. Our record for the entire season was around .500 but we went to the state tournament. We were very young (3 seniors) that year. Our ace was a senior, but after him our 3 or 4 next best pitchers were freshmen. We had some good games early on, but we also had some very bad ones. By the end of the year, Coach Lane had made us a much better club as a group and as individuals. You can't say anything about this season because of one or two games. Yes, I'm sure the Harriman game was a big blow for some Rockwood faithful, but it will get better as the year goes on. By the end of the year, many of the freshmen who contribute will be remarkably better and many of the freshmen who don't contribute yet, will be ready to contribute at least some. Coach Lane's ball clubs don't always have the best records, but success isn't measured by wins and losses alone. He is a great coach and will do a great job the rest of this season and beyond, whether he's at Rockwood or at some college recruiting and developing young men.

Rockwood will be in the mix when all is said and done. Coach Lane always finds a way to have his team playing their best ball in the middle of May.

The Tigers are young, but they have a lot of talent. It would be crazy to think there wouldn't be a dropoff from last year when you think two pitchers and a catcher are currently playing college baseball.

Just remember, don't rule the Tigers out because Harriman beat them 10-0 the first time they met last season and Coach Lane still made it to Memphis.

As for Harriman, they're for real. I don't like to brag too much on a team, but they've got the makings of something special. They can score a lot of runs and I think Eble, Hampton and Cummings can win just about any time they're on the mound.

Nothing's ever a given, but the Blue Devils are rolling and could roll all the way to Memphis.