Loudon Tourney

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CubsFan

Newbee, why wouldn't he be allowed to coach? In my opinion he had every right to ask the offical why they didn't start the clock. There's no way that a player can drive down the court, lose control of the ball, try to shake somebody, and score with 5.7 ticks on the clock. The only problem I seen with this tournament were the Loudon tournament workers being a pain with this coach fans. Why would they make faces at the fans, laugh when the ref called a call that shouldn't have been made? Why would they call Barney 5 in there? I was very shocked at this tournament and a lot of people were too.

I agree with Splains this tournament was messed up from the get go...

I didn't want to get on here and talk bad about this tournament but I can't help it.  I went to see the Panther play the Raiders and I stayed around to watch the K.A.Y.A  game.  I must say that the refs and directors of the tournament were doing anything they could to get this KAYA team to lose.  I couldn't believe my eyes of all the calls that were going against this team.  Also, the technical foul that was whistle on their coach was just plain out stupid.  The coach didn't do one thing but ask a question and the ref called a Tech.  What was up with that?  Also, what was the point of calling the cops to the game?  The only wrong doing in that game were the tournament host fans,workers, and director.  It was kind of bad sitting there watching a good KAYA team play and everybody were against them. 

To the coach of KAYA, you're a excellent coach and your players handle themselves well through everything that was happening. 

This is one tournament I won't attend anymore.  It was pitiful.

825643530[/snapback]

I was also at the game you are speaking of, but unlike you, I am not the coach of KAYA. If you are going to try to pass yourself off as someone else you may want to erase all of your past messages. You see I looked at your past post, and cannot figure why someone there watching the tri-county raiders would only post messages about AE football, Fulton, etc.. So, Hi coach! I will not try to deceive anyone about who I am. I worked that tourney. As a matter of fact, I was the FIRST person you tried to start crap with. Unlike the THREE or FOUR others, I shut you down immediately when I asked you if you had ever put on a tourney. I will not outright accuse you of lying, but I doubt seriously you ever have. ANYONE who has can confirm you can't please everyone, and since you started with me at the very beginning , you came knowing you wouldn't or couldn't be pleased.

Now I have enough guts to say that I am the one that called the police during the championship. I started playing ball when I was 9 and have now been active in sports for 26 years. I have never seen a coach behave the way you did. FYI, the director told me point blank the police were not needed, I called anyway. You and your parents should be ashamed. Don't you realize your boys have true and awesome tallent , they were there to play ball, not fuss and squabble. You are setting an example for them, maybe you should sit down and think about what kind of example that is.

The comment you made while WALKING AWAY from the director made me sick, I actually lost sleep over it. Quote " We appreciate the police being called here when the black boys played". I went home and asked myself if I really would have called the police if that team had been white. I called several friends and discussed it with them. In the end I realized I had never saw a HUMAN BEING act the way you did. Many people have even called me naive because I thought racism was a thing of the past. In my heart and soul it is. But , I got a taste of it Sunday from you and it made me sick. I spoke with some of your players and they were polite with manners and one even made the comment , "I'm glad my mom's not here. I think some of your players might be embarrassed by the behavior of you and your fans. I also hope they understand that they don't have to follow your example.

Boys..... you played excellent ball, believe in yourselves and you will go far. The next time you are looking for a coach, remember, the one's in it for you-just want to play ball. the coaches in if for their own EGO'S can't stand obstacles. Obstacalles form you as respectable citizens and are life lessons. HAVE A GREAT SEASON!

nobody at this tournament knew what they were doing.

The games were scheduled 50 minutes apart, and to make things worse they stuck games in to get the schedule all out of whack and then they had girls teams showing up to play boys teams.

825645703[/snapback]

First of all, you are correct about a few things, this was the very first tournament we had the pleasure of having. I can admit quite a few things got screwed up , we learned alot. All I have to ask is have all your tournaments gone off without a hitch. I guess all of your tournaments were wonderful jobs with no mistakes. I hate that any of the "screw ups" happened, we were all truly sorry and wish it hadn't have happened. But it did, learn and go on with life. The "man" you are conversing with is actually the coach of KAYA , talk about being messed up. He got into arguments with 3 or 4 women who were selling tickets & food, how classy was that? Yes, the games ended up being to close together. It was wed. when we found out about ACT"s at the high school,with over 60 teams some squeezing had to be done. We here consider the ACTs more important than any basketball tourney. As a matter of a fact, except for one team everyone had the opportunity to play their games.

As for the championships. The deal was.... it was scheduled as a playday . If mor than five teams signed up within a division, there would be a courtesy championship game. Splains I think your team made it to that championship game and so did your buddy from KAYA, your welcome.

We are not perfect, we made mistakes, we apologize, we learned. Sorry , if you're unhappy. I hope you are able to move on , I have. I am sure I'll get a response, but I have a job, a family , a community and a life tht I care about and don't have time to sit on-line and appease you all.

By th3e way mr kaya it is Barney Fife , not 5...... Read a book! Workers or not , we have feelings and rights. Should I be angry becouse you didn't cheer for our teams while you were here? Goodby, I am through with this childish crap.

Guest CubsFan

Well I wasn't going to get back on here but I had to set you straight because you're assuming something that you don't know. You asked, "Why would I be watching the Tri County Raiders?" Well if I'm not mistaking they were playing the KNOXVILLE Panthers, right? So I think I was there watching them and I just stayed over to see the K.A.Y.A. team because we knew some of the players on that team..

But that was the first time I seen that coach, coach and I must add he did a good job. In my opinion, any other coach would've went off like that too. But let me rephrase that, he didn't go off but you people just don't know how to handle a "Bobby Knight" type of coach. The cops being called that was just stupid on your part.