Outcome of SD vs FHS

youarenotgood

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could tell South Doyle looked tough from watching 1/2 of an inning? Well I was there the whole game, and Farragut beat themselves. South Doyle didn't beat them. Not that it matters how they lost. But Farragut had some stupid errors in crucial points in the game. Errors are a part of the game, but lets not go crazy because of this one game.

825638156[/snapback]

[/quote

It's not like S-D was on the top of their game either it just took a combined effort on defense to shut Farragut down. Offensively we struggled but when you put the ball in play good things will happen. Also keep in mind that Farragut only had two hits.

You could tell South Doyle looked tough from watching 1/2 of an inning? Well I was there the whole game, and Farragut beat themselves. South Doyle didn't beat them. Not that it matters how they lost. But Farragut had some stupid errors in crucial points in the game. Errors are a part of the game, but lets not go crazy because of this one game.

825638156[/snapback]

[/quote

It's not like S-D was on the top of their game either it just took a combined effort on defense to shut Farragut down. Offensively we struggled but when you put the ball in play good things will happen. Also keep in mind that Farragut only had two hits.

825638620[/snapback]

I never said South Doyle was on the top of their game. But if Farragut plays good defense (which they normally do), Farragut wins that game 2-0. Thats all I meant by it. I realize Farragut only had 2 hits. But 1 hit was enough to win that game for us. Ty's homerun because shoddy defense gave you 4 runs. South Doyle did a good job putting the ball in play and making something happen. Don't get me wrong on that. But most of the time, those plays are made. This time they weren't. We'll see next time on a quality playing field (no offense) what happens.

basseballislife05

Don't even go there as far as downgrading our playing field - last time I checked both teams played on it and let's face it Chad Zurcher is better shortstop than that 28 year old sophomore you guys have, whose dad is going to get canned by the way, Tony Delmonico.

as far as the rematch I really feel teh Cherokees are going to pull it out. We have some great young arms that you folks haven't even seen yet. My bet is that Chad "Barry Bonds" Bell takes the hill next game and throws a complete game shut out. He pitched the championship game in Mrytle Beach and was unbelivable and I know in some scrimmages this year he struck everybody out tha the faced. If he tires, which I doubt, then Moneymaker comes in throw the sinker and then it rerally is all over. BTW moneymaker picks up the win tonight against Central - who BTW is terrible!

I never said South Doyle was on the top of their game. But if Farragut plays good defense (which they normally do), Farragut wins that game 2-0. Thats all I meant by it. I realize Farragut only had 2 hits. But 1 hit was enough to win that game for us. Ty's homerun because shoddy defense gave you 4 runs. South Doyle did a good job putting the ball in play and making something happen. Don't get me wrong on that. But most of the time, those plays are made. This time they weren't. We'll see next time on a quality playing field (no offense) what happens.

825639013[/snapback]

Typical of farragut to make excuses. GAME OVER get over it.

wow all this talk about beating Faragutt, dosent seem to be very difficult anymore maybe folks should start looking looking eleswere for the teams to beat now days like houston or collerville both west tn teams that have beaten Faragutt this year. Faragutt has lost 3 in a row and 4 out of five they are not the team to beat anymore.

basseballislife05

Don't even go there as far as downgrading our playing field - last time I checked both teams played on it and let's face it Chad Zurcher is better shortstop than that 28 year old sophomore you guys have, whose dad is going to get canned by the way, Tony Delmonico. 

as far as the rematch I really feel teh Cherokees are going to pull it out.  We have some great young arms that you folks haven't even seen yet.  My bet is that Chad "Barry Bonds" Bell takes the hill next game and throws a complete game shut out.  He pitched the championship game in Mrytle Beach and was unbelivable and I know in some scrimmages this year he struck everybody out tha the faced.  If he tires, which I doubt, then Moneymaker comes in throw the sinker and then it rerally is all over.  BTW moneymaker picks up the win tonight against Central - who BTW is terrible!

825639050[/snapback]

I like how you put words in my mouth. I never discredited the win because of the errors Farragut made. I'm just saying, if both teams are on the top of their game and both play solid defense, Farragut will have the upper hand.

basseballislife05

as far as the rematch I really feel teh Cherokees are going to pull it out.  We have some great young arms that you folks haven't even seen yet.  My bet is that Chad "Barry Bonds" Bell takes the hill next game and throws a complete game shut out.  He pitched the championship game in Mrytle Beach and was unbelivable and I know in some scrimmages this year he struck everybody out tha the faced.  If he tires, which I doubt, then Moneymaker comes in throw the sinker and then it rerally is all over.  BTW moneymaker picks up the win tonight against Central - who BTW is terrible!

825639050[/snapback]

First off, you are way out of line for referring to Tony's dad and his job. That is something that you have no right to say and is very classless. I doubt Delmonico wastes his time by getting on here and reading, however please, think about it if it was your dad. The kids of college coaches have to hear a lot about their parents through the media and talk radio...lay off, and actually if you've paid attention the Vols if they keep producing have a chance to do quite well.

Second, no he is not a better shortstop than Farragut's (18 year old Delmonico - Which is not that rare as a Junior anymore). I have seen both play and will say that Zurcher is a solid high school shortstop. However, Tony Delmonico has made me say "Wow" the few times I have seen him play. The kid is polished defensively and can hit a baseball that's for sure, he's a D-I talent and don't knock him for being talented and having an opportunity many high school baseball players would love to have. Regardless if his dad is the coach, that kid would be playing D-1 or professional baseball once his high school career ended (happening to be a year early).

Finally one observation I have made. There are a lot of posts on this thread by people with 1 or very few posts, having just made accounts and talking for South Doyle. Something I've noticed over the past few years is that Farragut kids don't get on here and run their mouths and talk about how good they are; they go play the game and let that speak for itself (Statement04 has his comments I will say). I think that is something all of you South Doyle players should take a lesson from. Congratulations on your win, but a humble winner is someone respected by all more than a boastful one. Good luck to both teams the rest of the year.

First off, you are way out of line for referring to Tony's dad and his job.  That is something that you have no right to say and is very classless.  I doubt Delmonico wastes his time by getting on here and reading, however please, think about it if it was your dad.  The kids of college coaches have to hear a lot about their parents through the media and talk radio...lay off, and actually if you've paid attention the Vols if they keep producing have a chance to do quite well.

Second, no he is not a better shortstop than Farragut's (18 year old Delmonico - Which is not that rare as a Junior anymore).  I have seen both play and will say that Zurcher is a solid high school shortstop.  However, Tony Delmonico has made me say "Wow" the few times I have seen him play.  The kid is polished defensively and can hit a baseball that's for sure, he's a D-I talent and don't knock him for being talented and having an opportunity many high school baseball players would love to have.  Regardless if his dad is the coach, that kid would be playing D-1 or professional baseball once his high school career ended (happening to be a year early).

Finally one observation I have made.  There are a lot of posts on this thread by people with 1 or very few posts, having just made accounts and talking for South Doyle.  Something I've noticed over the past few years is that Farragut kids don't get on here and run their mouths and talk about how good they are; they go play the game and let that speak for itself (Statement04 has his comments I will say).  I think that is something all of you South Doyle players should take a lesson from.  Congratulations on your win, but a humble winner is someone respected by all more than a boastful one.  Good luck to both teams the rest of the year.

825639314[/snapback]

Well said!

I second your thoughts, FH.

Fact is, with the anonymity provided by this forum, nobody knows who's doing the talking. So I'll give the SD players the benefit of the doubt and ascribe some of this to passionate fans.

This reminds me a bit of the way Florida fans started acting when they began to steamroll the SEC in football (not you Hozr ;) ). Many acted like they "hadn't been there before". They cast a negative light on their players and school.

But those talking smack must realize that there are players, parents, and probably coaches, that peruse this board. The fact that some have used the name "Mouth Doyle" on here illustrates a perception that may or not be deserved.

Talking smack is fun to some extent. But the personal attacks have no place here IMO. Those doing that merely illustrate a level of pettiness and immaturity that does nothing but reflect negatively on the school they purport to represent.

SD should be congratulated on a great win. I've watched this team develop over a number of years and it's no secret why they are where they are. This team may someday takes its place beside the great Farragut teams I had the pleasure to watch over the past 3 years. They certainly appear to be the team to beat this year in 4AAA. If it's South Doyle's time I hope they will carry the banner with as much class as Farragut did during the past few years.

I second your thoughts, FH.

Fact is, with the anonymity provided by this forum, nobody knows who's doing the talking.  So I'll give the SD players the benefit of the doubt and ascribe some of this to passionate fans.

This reminds me a bit of the way Florida fans started acting when they began to steamroll the SEC in football (not you Hozr :P ).  Many acted like they "hadn't been there before".  They cast a negative light on their players and school.

But those talking smack must realize that there are players, parents, and probably coaches, that peruse this board.  The fact that some have used the name "Mouth Doyle" on here illustrates a perception that may or not be deserved.

Talking smack is fun to some extent.  But the personal attacks have no place here IMO.  Those doing that merely illustrate a level of pettiness and immaturity that does nothing but reflect negatively on the school they purport to represent.

SD should be congratulated on a great win.  I've watched this team develop over a number of years and it's no secret why they are where they are.  This team may someday takes its place beside the great Farragut teams I had the pleasure to watch over the past 3 years.  They certainly appear to be the team to beat this year in 4AAA.  If it's South Doyle's time I hope they will carry the banner with as much class as Farragut did during the past few years.

825639524[/snapback]

Not necessary but I'll second that for you!

South Doyle has a great amount of talent and can do a lot of damage and assuming no injuries and a good bounce here and there I can see them going quite far just purely on talent.