Throw-in

Knot22

Does this help?

"THROW IN:

How Taken

SECTION 2. The thrower, at the moment of delivering the ball, shall face the field of play and part of each foot shall be either on the touch line or the ground outside the touch line. The thrower shall use both hands equally and shall deliver the ball from behind and over his or her head. The throw-in shall be taken from the point where it crossed the touch line, being thrown in any direction by a player of the team opposite to that of the player who last touched the ball. The ball shall be in play from the throw as soon as it enters the field of play. A goal may not be scoreddirectly from a throw-in. The thrower shall not play the ball a second time before it has been touched by another player.

Note: The player taking the throw-in may not use stickum or adhesive material of any kind (including gloves with an adhesive surface) to enhance the grip on a throw-in."

Wall is correct about it touching another player before it goes in but I don't believe that is what you are asking. A throw in is technically "indirect" and as with all "indirect" situations, another player must touch the ball before it enters the goal. The rule is clear that you cannot score "directly" from a thrown in.

Edited by Whitey

it is as long as it hits another player before it goes in

825638515[/snapback]

ive seen it done...when i was a freshman, we were playing and one of our forwards, a junior at the time, threw the ball to the far post, and the keeper jumped up and let it brush his hands, and the ball sailed into the net...the refs said it was a goal, and we continued to play...so if that helps u...

• 4 weeks later...

Not to diss on the guy that posted this thread, but when you ask that and then THAT many people dont really know, they've just seen how its happened in a game, is kind of sad. Ive known that you cant score on a throw-in since i was like 4. I'll admit tho, we had a few guys on our team ask me that when we played Lexington on their "baseball field converted to a soccer field" field.