Good players that didnt go play college ball

ThatsHot

Some players may have good reasons for not playing when they get into college. They're not actually "wasting" their talent. Different majors require different class loads and some players might not be able to afford college without working. Students just have to learn when they have have too many commitments that can hurt their grades.

I know there are plenty of scholar athletes out there that are balancing their education and sports. Not everyone can do that. We aren't all made from the same mold.

Not every talented player who decided not to play in college is wasting their talent, they are just putting their efforts into other areas. The best player from my daughter's team in '04 is not playing in college because she was also a 4.0 student who received a full academic scholarship to a SEC school. Let's not get softball out of priority. As much love and effort as we put into sports, very few of these girls will shape their future by playing softball in college, they will shape their future by education. When the time comes to make that choice, some decide they can do both, and some decide to concentrate on one or the other. Which one is correct? Who knows!

I agree, many talented players have made the decision to put their efforts into the academic area. Many academic requirements (i.e. nursing) make it most difficult to participate in a varsity sport and remain qualified for the rigors of the major, most notably on a Division I level. I would imagine there are some outstanding intramural softball games! There is no right or wrong decision.

A lot of people also don't realize that college ball is like having a job.sometimes you are up at 6 am conditioning,go to class,start practice at 2 or 3 till about 6:30,then are required to go to study hall.Can be a great experience but doesn't leave alot of time for anything else. Plus all those burger joints B)

HEy just wanted everyone's input on who they thought should of went and played college ball somewhere and didn't..

825640097[/snapback]

Many of the girls that have the ability to play in college but decide not to have valid reasons for not playing. Some just want to experience a normal college life, others get burned out playing for the past 12 plus years, and some make more on an academic scholarship than they get for a softball scholarship.

If a girl plays in college, she has to devote about 14 hours a day or more to her studies, conditioning, and practice/games, which doesnt leave much time for anything else.