Middle TN Update

bogus

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you say p-town i'm guessing you are talking about Portland. And DA is pretty solid, I figured Greenbrier might challenge them a little better than 2-7. Hopefully it could be a different story towards the end of April. Who does District 10 match up with in the region??

Greenbrier is a nice team who is very bottom heavy......the top two seeds aren't that strong but they have good athletes toward the bottom. They struggled earlier this week to beat a very average Macon team. Trousdale County could be the sleeper team in this district if they can get their no. 1 back, Michael Ford, healthy who has missed all season with a torn quad.....still doubtful though if they can get him back. Trousdale has won back to back district championships and hadn't lost a district game since 2002 until early this year...they are improving and could sneak up one someone if Ford can make it back. Springfield appears to be the team to beat in the district. After fielding some average teams over the past few years, Curtis Holland appears to have put his team back into position to claim the district championship. Springfield or whoever goes out of our district will have an extremely tough time with Cannon Co. They are really tough at 1, 2, and 3 but are lacking a little at 4 and 5. They are assured to win at 1, 2, and 3 and at the one doubles....if someone from over in 10A/AA can beat them then they will have to upset them at one of the top three singles spots. But no one in our region matches up with Lipscomb. I saw most of their starting line up at the Hendersonville tournament this past weekend and they are very strong. Probably not strong enough to take down who ever comes out of the Chattanooga region, but still a really strong team.

I honestly do not think Trousdale will make it out of districts this year. Greenbrier is obviously the team that snuck up on most this year, currently they hold an 8-1 record. Springfield lost to Davidson Academy earlier this week (5-4) although it was close i still feel Springfield is better. Greenbrier plays Springfield next week so we will see how they measure up as the season winds down.

And tennisguy, Greenbrier is extremely bottom heavy. The entire season the bottom 3 have carried them to most of their victories. One of the three is still undefeated in play, having gone 15-0 i think up to today. So fantastic job by the Bobcats as the most improved team in the district so far.

Trousdale County took down Springfield this past Friday at Trousdale County by a score of 5-4. Now that Ford is back for Trousdale, it gives them a solid number one and much needed depth towards the bottom of the line up. Bogus, though it will be an up hill climb, I don't think I would disspell the two time defending district champions so easily, this team is on the verge of hitting their peak. I'm still not sold on Greenbrier, they have had a nice season so far but the lack of pop at the top of the line up will eventually catch up with them. Should be a fun district tournament at Hadley this time around.

I think Davidson is still at the top of the heap....I know that they snuck one out against Springfield and they got an early season win over Trousdale so I think Davidson is still one and Greenbrier is two. Trousdale defeated Springfield last Friday but I still think Springfield still may be in third....they might even be tied for second, with Trousdale Co. in fourth place.

My personal opinion is that Davidson and Greenbrier, though they've had nice seasons thus far, will fall by the wayside because against a good team they are already down 3-0 before they even start because they can't win at one or at two and at one doubles. The biggest thing that has helped them out so far is the six singles, three doubles format...but when you get in district it goes to 5 singles and 2 doubles which really hurts DA and Greenbrier because both of these teams are so bottom heavy and its pretty much taking two automatic wins out of the line up for them.

Like it has for the past three seasons, it will come down to Trousdale and Springfield in the championship. The only way that it won't come down to them is if they meet before the championship round.