Titans Mock Draft!

Here is my projected picks the Titans will make in the draft on April 23-24.

This is the selected order as of now.

6th-1st rd. = Braylon Edwards or Mike Williams which ever is still around if both are already gone then Antrell Rollif he is gone then Adam Jones

5th-2nd rd. = this pick depends on the 1st round if they get a WR then I like Corey Webster-CB from LSU if they look at WR for this pick I think a Fred Gibson from Georgia or Roscoe Parrish from Miami.

4th-3rd rd. = Top OT on the board a Wesley Britt, Alabam or Michael Munoz, Tennessee.

32nd-3rd rd. = Josh Bullocks, S, Nebraska or Jamaal Brimmer, FS, UNLV.

7th-4th rd. = Kevin Burnett, LB, Tennessee big and fast enough for outside or inside.

37th-4th rd. = Mike Nugent, kicker from Ohio St. This would be a great pick if available!

6th-5th rd. = Willie McNeill, OT, North Carolina or best Defensive lineman on the board.

5th rd/via KC = Brock Berlin, QB, Miami

5th-6th rd. = Tony Brown, WR, Tennessee

4th-7th rd. = Shyrone Carey, RB/KR, LSU

So what are your thoughts and your mock draft.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter
Here is my projected picks the Titans will make in the draft on April 23-24.

This is the selected order as of now.

6th-1st rd. = Braylon Edwards or Mike Williams which ever is still around if both are already gone then Antrell Rollif he is gone then Adam Jones

5th-2nd rd. = this pick depends on the 1st round if they get a WR then I like Corey Webster-CB from LSU if they look at WR for this pick I think a Fred Gibson from Georgia or Roscoe Parrish from Miami.                       

4th-3rd rd. = Top OT on the board a Wesley Britt, Alabam or Michael Munoz, Tennessee.                             

32nd-3rd rd. = Josh Bullocks, S, Nebraska or Jamaal Brimmer, FS, UNLV.

7th-4th rd. = Kevin Burnett, LB, Tennessee  big and fast enough for outside or inside.

37th-4th rd. = Mike Nugent, kicker from Ohio St. This would be a great pick if available!   

6th-5th rd. = Willie McNeill, OT, North Carolina or best Defensive lineman on the board.

5th rd/via KC = Brock Berlin, QB, Miami

5th-6th rd. = Tony Brown, WR, Tennessee

4th-7th rd. = Shyrone Carey, RB/KR, LSU

So what are your thoughts and your mock draft.

825640413[/snapback]

I am really impressed Sequatchie. The only disagreemant I have is that possible 3rd round pick at #32. I don't see the Titans taking a safety seeing as how they already have Williams, Thompson, Schulters, and Nickey back there. You want a kick returner in the 7th round then look out for a guy named Efrem Hill from Samford thumb

The odds of actually guessing who the Titans will pick in the later rounds are very low, none-the-less I agree with you on the positions the Titans will target. However, I think with the departure of Hall, the Titans will look to pick up another defensive end probably somewhere in the 3rd-5th round area. Also, I would be shocked to see Burnett available in the 4th round, many mock drafts I have seen have him gone late in the first. I would be surprised if he made it out of the 2nd round for sure.

Brimmer nor Burnett will be available at those spots and Berlin nor Brown will even get drafted!

825642545[/snapback]

Tony Brown will get drafted maybe as high as the late 4th round after scouts were impressed with his pro day workouts at Tennessee a couple of weeks ago when he came in listed at 6'2, 199, and all his runs came in on the clock at 4.45 and 4.48.

Just throwing this out there for discussion, feel free to agree or disagree:

Scale of need at each position: ( 1 being practically no need and 10 meaning need desperate help )

QB: 5- Titans have a franchise QB in McNair and one of the top backups in the league in Volek. However, an article in the Tennessean recently suggested Reese may be considering Smith or Rodgers in the first round if they were available and grooming them to become the future franchise QB. I personally don't see them taking a QB in the first round, we simply can't afford 3 big cap numbers from the QB position, though I think it is feasable the Titans pick one up late to compete for the 3rd QB spot.

RB: 6.5- Chris Brown has shown he can be a good NFL running back but hasn't shown he can be durable. Many think the Titans will look to sign a veteran running back such as Eddie George or Anthony Thomas. If there weren't so many other needs, than picking one of the "big 3" running backs, Cadillac Williams, Ronnie Brown, or Cedrik Benson would be smart, but there are simply too many other needs. Once again, I could see the Titans using a pick on this position, but probably not the 1st or 2nd round one. At fullback, Troy Fleming has the job nailed down, I don't expect the Titans to use a pick on the position.

WR: 9- With only 2 WR's on the roster, this position is a major need. I think and hope that the Titans take one in the first round. Mike Williams seems to have the best odds because i doubt Edwards will be around, and Williams played under Chow at USC. Another option would be to trade down since there are several other quality WR's available such as South Carolina's Troy Williamson. I expect the Titans to take at least two WR's, maybe both on day 1.

OL: 7- 4/5 starters return with only Fred Miller departed. The thinking is that 2nd year player Jacob Bell will take over at Miller's tackle spot. Drafting a tackle in the first round is definitly an option but I don't think Reese will go that way. However, I expect the Titans to take at least one tackle and maybe a guard to help add some depth, or trading down in the first round and picking up Alex Barron sounds like a good choice also.

TE: 3- Reliable Erron Kinney and electrifying Ben Troupe both return, 3rd tight end Shad Meier is gone. If a good TE is available at one pick than they could pick one but

there are many other needs that must be taken care of first.

DL: 6- The Titans are set in the interior with Haynesworth, Starks, and Long but need to add some depth on the end with the loss of Hall. I think free agency may be a better choice in this case because they could use a veteren, but a mid to late pick on the DL is a strong possibility.

LB: 2- Titans are pretty set here with 3 proven starters in Sirmon, Bulluck, and Calmus all returning along with solid depth with Kassell. Derrick Johnson from Texas is a freak but there are too many other needs for us to have the luxury of taking him.

CB: 8- Unless they change there mind and get Dyson back, they are fairly desperate for at least one CB. Woolfolk and Beckham have plently of potential but are both unproven. Gardner and Waddell both got plenty of PT last year but a first round pick of Antrell Rolle or Pac Man Jones are definitly possibilities, but regardless the Titans will pick up at least 1 CB, probably in the first 3 rounds.

S: 4- As the roster stands right now, the Titans have 4 good safeties in Schulters, Williams, Thompson, and McGarrahan. However, if they are planning on cutting any of them for cap room later, than grabbing at least one safety would be smart.

SP: 6- There is basically no need for a punter with Hentrich stiill around, but taking a kicker wouldn't be a bad idea at all. The Titans have signed Ola Kimrin to compete for the starting kicking job, but drafting some competion is a good possibility if there is a quality one available. The Titans could also use somebody to boost there terrible return game.

In Summary, the Titans need a lot of help. If I were the GM I would look to trade down in the first round and see if any of the CB's or WR's slip down, or try to pick up an Alex Barron or Troy Williamson and than use the extra pick or picks to help fill these needs.

Mel Kiper said on ESPN last night, the Titans may select Campbell from Auburn in the 2nd round round, if they were going to take a QB I would like to see them take the kid from Akron. The pedigree coming out of the MAC the past couple of years have been great. I still say the Titans need to draft Mike Williams from USC in the 1st round.

Guest catfish-hunter
The odds of actually guessing who the Titans will pick in the later rounds are very low, none-the-less I agree with you on the positions the Titans will target. However, I think with the departure of Hall, the Titans will look to pick up another defensive end probably somewhere in the 3rd-5th round area. Also, I would be shocked to see Burnett available in the 4th round, many mock drafts I have seen have him gone late in the first. I would be surprised if he made it out of the 2nd round for sure.

825641983[/snapback]

The Titans have acquired Kyle Vanden Bosch, who has played for the Cardinals the past few years and play college ball at Nebraska. Kevin Dyson is also gonna be signed soon and brought in to add depth to the receiving core. Heard Mark and Frank talking about it on 104.5 "the Zone" Monday morning.

man there are some ignorant mock drafts on the internet. i seen one that had us trading up to number 2 to take OLB Derrick Johnson and another had us taking OT Alex Barron....Barron is a slim possibilty since we lost Miller but there is no way we will take a LB, especially not trade up to take one.

from the way things look right now it appears they are leaning towards passing on Mike Williams and taking Antrel Rolle with the 6th pick. i think Jones would be a better pick than Rolle since they will both be great shut down corners but Pac-man has the ability to be one of the top kick returners in the league as well. guess we'll wait and see....they have had good success in the past taking defensive players in the first round so im sure they'll make the right move this time.