Lebanon at Lincoln Co

binns37388

I just have to add my 2 cents worth. I hear nothing but great things about Coach Sloan. The kids and the parents all respect him. BUT, and that is a big BUT, if he did indeed refuse to shake hands with the opposing coach and players, I would have to say that he was wrong.

As WJBDEVILS himself said, a coaches job goes beyond the white lines. I expect the coaches of my kids to reinforce the values I teach. Respect for opponents and the game itself is a big part of the values I speak of. It really doesn't matter to me about what went wrong for a coach at a previous job, he should show respect and class at all times. I certainly hope that what binns37388 said is not true. I hope Coach Sloan did indeed shake hands and congratulate Coach Tate on his win. If not, I hope he has done whatever he can to rectify the situation.

A bad example like that will stick with the kids far longer than the fundamentals of how to handle the cutoff from the outfield!

P.S. To WJBDEVILS: CoachT is not just for postive thoughts. It is not all hugs and kisses and puppy dogs. It is a discussion board and people have a right to discuss issues as they see fit. If you don't agree, just meet 'em in the parking lot, right? That's a great example for your on kid!

Edited by gicu812

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll add another fact unity teacher. In the 14 seasons of Lincoln County baseball prior to Coach Slone, there was only one winning season. In Coach Slone's 11 seasons, he lead the Falcons to 8 winning seasons. People have gotten on the boards and saying that Tate is building a winning program. HA! A winning program was already built when he took over. What is LC's record now, 6-10? Coach Slone got the program to respectability. They use to never beat Marshall Co., Tullahoma, Hazel Green, and Franklin Co but Coach Slone lead LC to many victories against those teams and look at the thanks he got. A big knife in the back! He had injury problems and the talent dropped off in his last two years at LC. That is gonna happen in high school athletics. The bottom line the talents of Jason Coble, Josh Reese, Jeremy Poole, Noah Repasky, Drew Boggs, Matt Whitehead, Matt Edwards, John Whaley, Jim Bob Cooter, and Brad Meeks are not around in Fayetteville. That is the problem in Lincoln Co. The players they got now are good kids and play hard but they are not in the league with those guys.

Plus unityteacher, I don't think Coach Clariday was ever jealous of Coach Slone, they are best friends. Slone brought Clariday to LC and together they accomplished a lot. I think that Coach Slone will have the same results at Lebanon pretty soon.

825647165[/snapback]

I'll add another fact unity teacher. In the 14 seasons of Lincoln County baseball prior to Coach Slone, there was only one winning season. In Coach Slone's 11 seasons, he lead the Falcons to 8 winning seasons. People have gotten on the boards and saying that Tate is building a winning program. HA! A winning program was already built when he took over. What is LC's record now, 6-10? Coach Slone got the program to respectability. They use to never beat Marshall Co., Tullahoma, Hazel Green, and Franklin Co but Coach Slone lead LC to many victories against those teams and look at the thanks he got. A big knife in the back! He had injury problems and the talent dropped off in his last two years at LC. That is gonna happen in high school athletics. The bottom line the talents of Jason Coble, Josh Reese, Jeremy Poole, Noah Repasky, Drew Boggs, Matt Whitehead, Matt Edwards, John Whaley, Jim Bob Cooter, and Brad Meeks are not around in Fayetteville. That is the problem in Lincoln Co. The players they got now are good kids and play hard but they are not in the league with those guys.

Plus unityteacher, I don't think Coach Clariday was ever jealous of Coach Slone, they are best friends. Slone brought Clariday to LC and together they accomplished a lot. I think that Coach Slone will have the same results at Lebanon pretty soon.

825647165[/snapback]

I was not talking about coach clariday, i am talking about tate who was always going behind coach slone's back with his baseball camps and telling people his way was the only way and that he was going to be the coach in a few years. how did he know this? i think we know the answer to that. coach clariday was a great asset to the program and very loyal to tracy and will do a great job at grundy county

I just have to add my 2 cents worth. I hear nothing but great things about Coach Sloan. The kids and the parents all respect him. BUT, and that is a big BUT, if he did indeed refuse to shake hands with the opposing coach and players, I would have to say that he was wrong.

As WJBDEVILS himself said, a coaches job goes beyond the white lines. I expect the coaches of my kids to reinforce the values I teach. Respect for opponents and the game itself is a big part of the values I speak of. It really doesn't matter to me about what went wrong for a coach at a previous job, he should show respect and class at all times. I certainly hope that what binns37388 said is not true. I hope Coach Sloan did indeed shake hands and congratulate Coach Tate on his win. If not, I hope he has done whatever he can to rectify the situation.

A bad example like that will stick with the kids far longer than the fundamentals of how to handle the cutoff from the outfield!

P.S. To WJBDEVILS: CoachT is not just for postive thoughts. It is not all hugs and kisses and puppy dogs. It is a discussion board and people have a right to discuss issues as they see fit.

gicu you do have a right to discuss what you see fit. BUT if you think coacht is a forum for IGNORANT parents to voice their frustraitions because their kids have zero talent and the coach doesnt play them then you are wrong. I am not saying that is exactly what is going on here, but it is basically the same crap!!

As for WJBDEVILS he might have gotten alittle too heated, but dont scold anyone for standing up for his high school coach. Lebanon is a very tough place to be a baseball coach and the players at Lebanon respect and enjoy playing for Coach Slone. People in the community see this and are actually getting behind a coach at Lebanon. Lebanon is improving and have an outstanding group of 8th graders at the junior high. More parents should get on here and speak up for their coaches. Nobody at Lebanon gives two pisses about LC. Maybe if more WJBDEVILS got on here and told the "Disgruntled Little League Coaches" to shut up then this site might be a better place.

Edited by tkeballer

P.S. To WJBDEVILS: CoachT is not just for postive thoughts. It is not all hugs and kisses and puppy dogs. It is a discussion board and people have a right to discuss issues as they see fit.

gicu you do have a right to discuss what you see fit. BUT if you think coacht is a forum for IGNORANT parents to voice their frustraitions because their kids have zero talent and the coach doesnt play them then you are wrong. I am not saying that is exactly what is going on here, but it is basically the same crap!!

As for WJBDEVILS he might have gotten alittle too heated, but dont scold anyone for standing up for his high school coach. Lebanon is a very tough place to be a baseball coach and the players at Lebanon respect and enjoy playing for Coach Slone. People in the community see this and are actually getting behind a coach at Lebanon. Lebanon is improving and have an outstanding group of 8th graders at the junior high. More parents should get on here and speak up for their coaches. Nobody at Lebanon gives two pisses about LC. Maybe if more WJBDEVILS got on here and told the "Disgruntled Little League Coaches" to shut up then this site might be a better place.

825647848[/snapback]

I watched Lebanon vs. Lincoln County today. Lebanon 10 Lincoln County 3. What a great coached game by the Lebanon coach, small ball AT ITS FINEST. LEBANON BLUE DEVILS YOU HAVE A BRIGHT FUTURE WITH THIS COACH!!! You guys must be right about the politics in Lincoln County. Who made this call, who runs Lincoln County sports, they should be held accountable for not supporting this coach.

I watched Lebanon vs. Lincoln County today. Lebanon 10 Lincoln County 3. What a great coached game by the Lebanon coach, small ball AT ITS FINEST. LEBANON BLUE DEVILS YOU HAVE A BRIGHT FUTURE WITH THIS COACH!!!  You guys must be right about the politics in Lincoln County. Who made this call, who runs Lincoln County sports, they should be held accountable for not supporting this coach.

825648824[/snapback]

from what I saw at the game both teams are pretty average. LC's record is 8-12 and Lebanon's record is 9-12. Head to head 1-1. It's a little early for either team to believe they are now state contenders, b/c of coaching changes. No one will know the benefits of either coaching changes for at least three years. So it looks like Lebanon and LC are both happy with their new coaches. So Good Luck to both teams. Enough Said.

from what I saw at the game both teams are pretty average. LC's record is 8-12 and Lebanon's record is 9-12. Head to head 1-1. It's a little early for either team to believe they are now state contenders, b/c of  coaching changes. No one will know the benefits of either coaching changes for at least three years. So it looks like Lebanon and LC are both happy with their new coaches. So Good Luck to both teams. Enough Said.

825648917[/snapback]

Good lord! Who said anything about state contenders?

825649085[/snapback]

As a former high school coach myself I agree that it takes time to set standards and teach the game as you see fit. You should see a direction in three years. How long has Lincoln Countys coach been in the program? What is the before and after record with him in the system? Did he coach JV? Was he placed in the system by administrators. What are his credentials? Does he REALLY CHARGE A FEE for hitting lessons? What if you can't afford his fee, does your kid play? Is this a conflict of interest? If your not happy with your hitting lesson do you go to the bettter business bureau?

from what I saw at the game both teams are pretty average. LC's record is 8-12 and Lebanon's record is 9-12. Head to head 1-1. It's a little early for either team to believe they are now state contenders, b/c of  coaching changes. No one will know the benefits of either coaching changes for at least three years. So it looks like Lebanon and LC are both happy with their new coaches. So Good Luck to both teams. Enough Said.

825648917[/snapback]

State contenders???

As a former high school coach myself I agree that it takes time to set standards and teach the game as you see fit. You should see a direction in three years. How long has Lincoln Countys coach been in the program? What is the before and after record with him in the system? Did he coach JV? Was he placed in the system by administrators. What are his credentials? Does he REALLY CHARGE A FEE for hitting lessons? What if you can't afford his fee, does your kid play? Is this a conflict of interest? If your not happy with your hitting lesson do you go to the bettter business bureau?

825649091[/snapback]

First of all, good job by Lebanon on the game this past Saturday. You guys made your plays and executed. Good game.

Now, about all of the stuff concerning LC's coach. As far as administration placing him there, I don't know the facts. I know he helped assistant coach as a volunteer coach for 2 years with Slone. As far as politics being involved, don't know about this either. But there are politics in everything. Slone had good seasons at L.C., but overall I believe he had a winning percentage below 500. Now before you folks pile on, thats not a knock, it's a fact. And Slone did build up the baseball program in L.C. No argument there. But if you are a coach, coaching changes are a part of the job, for whatever reason. If you can't deal with that, find another profession.

Coach Tate has done a good job this year with Lincoln Co. We here at Lincoln Co. didn't think the program would turn around in 1 year. And Coach Slone has a similar record at Lebanon. Need I say more. But let me clarify something for everyone. Coach Tate DOES NOT CHARGE HIS PLAYERS for hitting instructions. As a parent of a Falcon, I can verify this 100%. So don't even start with those allegations. Coach Tate, prior to becoming head coach, has had baseball camps and worked with some young ball players in the county. Slone had camps all the time and pocketed the money. What's the difference? I don't see any. That kind of talk is ridiculous.

I have a good idea who this is (hearing all of this charging for batting staight out of his mouth), and all I have to say is let this go. It's been a year. Slone is with a quality program and seems happy, and Tate is doing a good job in L.C. What's done is done. Good luck to Lebanon going into their district tournament.