csas v grace

volsbigd712

Great soccer played on both sides. The final score was a pretty honest show of the way the match went. Grace was the more complete team for those 80 minutes. CSAS is a really good team, but did look a little flat.

For the players, what did you think of playing with 3 refs? Did it make much difference? Does Grace usually pay for 3 refs? I noticed only 1 off-sides call and I don't think they even made a call when Carlos got kicked. The hand ball WAS a hand ball in the box. That's a PK no matter what the intent, I believe. There were several yellow cards. Your thoughts?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Sball; it was if CSAS really did not understand what kind of effort was required to beat a good team like Grace. I felt like CSAS players too often tried to beat defenders by dribbling instead of tapping it back, switching the field, etc. On the other hand teammates weren't looking for passes, finding spaces, etc. How many times did Grace send harmless longballs downfield? Their midfielders had little pressure from defenders much of the time but would send it long instead of getting numbers downfield.

Grace is big and strong and their syle will beat weaker teams. CSAS has good foot skills overall, and their style of play will likewise serve them well against weaker teams. Young CSAS has more room for improvement, but coach Rivers is the man for the job.

Congrats guys. Way to go for avenging the loss. Really meant to get to this game, when do ya'll play Sweetwater?

825645926[/snapback]

thursday at 7 at sweetwater

yeh i would agree csas has good footskill but you have to remember, we have new coaching this year. we have been workin a new system and a new style and at times it looks kinds frantic but that'z just lack of playin in the system. like csas we will get better as the season goes on and we will begin to get the hang of it when it really counts. overall it was a good game like i said before but there is room for improvment for both sides. thumb

thursday at 7 at sweetwater

yeh i would agree csas has good footskill but you have to remember, we have new coaching this year. we have been workin a new system and a new style and at times it looks kinds frantic but that'z just lack of playin in the system. like csas we will get better as the season goes on and we will begin to get the hang of it when it really counts. overall it was a good game like i said before but there is room for improvment for both sides.  thumb

825645977[/snapback]

forget a system..just get 2 fast forwards and run and gun thumb

forget a system..just get 2 fast forwards and run and gun  thumb

825645997[/snapback]

SCOOTER... i have found you out MUAHAHAHA! anywayz.. yeh you guys used to do that at boyd buck back in the day with you and that other guy and playin real physical in midfield, but hey it worked for you guys... glad you could come watch the game.

SCOOTER... i have found you out MUAHAHAHA! anywayz.. yeh you guys used to do that at boyd buck back in the day with you and that other guy and playin real physical in midfield, but hey it worked for you guys... glad you could come watch the game.

825646167[/snapback]

hahaha..my little lenoir city buddy ratted me out haha...ill be at the boyd vs grace game for sure.