Marshall Co how far will they get?

baseballplaya8

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you made it to a game yet?

825643593[/snapback]

No, I don't go down to Lewisburg, unless I am playing and my playing days are over. I can't stand that place, lol. MCLefty, I could careless if you don't respect my opinion. Just wait till May and see who is right. All of you doubters out there, just wait and see what happens.

Everyone knows down in Lewisburg, the umps come from right down the street where they got a great steak dinner and a couple extra bucks.  They aren't a lock for the sectional because Sycamore and Creekwood are looking really strong right now and I know Creekwood has a complete team this year. For Marshall to be a contender in Memphis they are going to have to beat the likes of Lexington, Milan, or Liberty and I don't think they can do that this year.

825643320[/snapback]

You are so wrong Gerry. There isn't any place to get a great steak in Lewisburg. But if you come to one of our games you can get a good weiner or maybe some nachos.

Edited by MidSouthFanMan

Gerry answer me one question, how it is possible for you to make any predictions on MC baseball when you havent seen them play one time? Just seems odd to me!

825643712[/snapback]

Marshall may not get out of district if they can't even beat little ole Fairview. Like I said this 2005 Tiger squad doesnt have near the talent other Tiger squads have had. Just keep doubting me MCLefty. I don't have to see a team play to tell you how a team will fare, it may sound crazy but just wait and see. Like I said midsouth fan, I don't come to Lewisburg unless it is for a funeral, wedding, or cheering on my alma mater.

Gerry Bertier, I really wish you would just quit with the negative comments! Fairview won, yeah, yeah. Marshall County is the better team. The calls were terrible. You talked about the umps in Marshall County, well, the ump behind the plate at Fairview needs to find a new job because he was horrible.

Marshall County's team this year is strong, and they will prove themselves! Marshall County does need to get their bats going again!!

GO MARSHALL COUNTY!

I agree about the umpiring, GoTigers. In the 3rd inning, Justin McQueen had stole 2nd, but was called out - he was clearly on the base when the tag was made. In the 6th inn., Brian Calderaro came home on a wild pitch, but was called out - his foot was on home plate when the tag was made. The ball/strike calls by the plate umpire were inconsistant all night - you never knew what he was going to call.

Ill be the first to tip my hat to Fairview. It just goes to show u that playing small ball and getting the little things done wins ball games. The umping in this game was definitely not the best ive seen but ive never been one to blame the umps for a loss and I still wont do it. Its a shame that a freshman pitches 6 shutout innings and has 14 strikeouts but we could only manage to get 1 run across the plate. Congrats Fairview and i look forward to the rematch.