Longest HR Blast this year?

ScoutOne4U

Lockwood from Knox Halls today hit a shot in the finals of the Trojan Classic. The wind was a strong crosswind from the leftfield foul pole towards first base. He hit the ball back in the trees at Soddy out by the big pine in right. It had to be close to 450. It was a BOMB!!!

825656079[/snapback]

so since you saw the shot, who won lol

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so since you saw the shot, who won lol

825656089[/snapback]

Halls won the game 9-3 and went home the Trojan Classic Champs. They are a very good team and it was nice to have them in Chattanooga to present some great out of town competition. Their game against Ooltewah was a good one. Errors were the only reason either team got runs. Congratulations and good luck.

I think I would have to see that to believe it.  There are very few major leaguers that can even hit the ball that far!!!!!!!!!

825648352[/snapback]

He wasnt lying bout that 552 HR, i was there for that one. You gotta keep in mind that all you weenie high school baseball players use those gosh dog aluminium bats; whereas the major leaguers use aluminium. You give Albert Pujols or Jim Edmunds an aluminum bat and watch that mother go 552+ feet.

It wasn't this year, but two of the longest blasts I have ever seen a high school player hit happened the same day.

Mike Felix, now pitching for Auburn, and Alex Watson, catching for M.T.S.U., both hit blasts at Gulf State Community College in Panama City during a summer tournament a couple of years ago that is easily measured. Just go there, look over the right-center field fence, over the parking lot, and up at the top of the maintenance building's air conditioning unit. The two dents in the 'fins' of the unit are still there.... Two massive blasts...

Felix hit two homeruns in that game, and the next weekend, at the Warrior 4th of July Classic here in the Boro, had a 2 HR and double off the wall game his first 3 times up. He was a pretty good hitter for a pitcher...

And ask some Christian Brothers folks about the 2-out, 2 strike, grand-slam-blast Watson hit to put the Warriors ahead 12-11 after they were down 11-3 going into the 7th inning one night at the Warrior Spring Classic last year.... It went real far...

Longest ball hit at the Reservation was a few years ago by Clay ?, who went on to Belmont. He hit the top of the concession stand in straight away center field....

Edited by davidlimbaugh