TSLA Players of theWeek

CoachT

The Tennessee Scholastic lacrosse Association has named the following players TSLA Players of the week in boys high school Lacrosse for the week spanning April 4th to April 10th 2005:

Division 1:Dan Gibson senior attackman Memphis University School .Gibson scored 10 Goals and 5 Assists in leading MUS to 2 victories over the top ranked teams in TN (McCallie School of Chattanooga) and Ga. (previously undefeated Lassiter School of Atlanta ). Gibson assisted on the tying goal against Lassiter and scored the winning goal with 12 seconds left. Gibson is a 2004 U.S. Lacrosse High School All American.

Division 2:John Wilson sophomore Attackman of Ravenwood High School (Nashville)had 10 goals and 2 assists in victories over University School of Nashville and White Station High School (Memphis)last week.

T.S.L.A .is the governing body for Boys High School Lacrosse in Tennessee. Through its regular season and playoff competition T.S.L.A. will crown state champions in boys high school lacrosse in two divisions on May 14th. T.S.L.A. has named a state champion in boys high school lacrosse since 1989. Questions regarding boys high school lacrosse may be forwarded to Rico Silvera , Vice president of T.S.L.A. at rico@nicholsmarine.com

Whoa, a winner with 12 seconds left? Awesome. I wish I could've seen that game. Does anyone (I'm looking right at you Bubba) have a real game-story? Looking at the score-by-quarter it looks like y'all went on a run at the end. What happened?

Eagerly Anticipating,

Kappy

Kappy,

It was a great game from the start. When we started warming up before the game; however, we looked like we had gone through a long game the night before, which was true. Anyways, we kicked into gear once the game started. We scored the first goal in the first few minutes of the game. Then, Lassiter scored two unanswered goals over the course of the next few minutes. We began to trade goals throughout the first half. The score at half time was 5-4 Lassiter. Their offense was mainly a 2-3-1, looking for #4 on the crease. #4 was a good player, in fact, the best crease attackman I have ever played against. We started off slow in the third quarter, only scoring 2 goals to their 4. We started the 4th quarter down 6-9. At the beginning of the 4th quarter, Lassiter got a stick penalty, 3min non-releaseable. Instead of capitalizing on the penalty, we played more defense man up than offense. At this point, I had a lot of doubts about pulling the victory out, having watched our offense blow the biggest opportunity of the game. With about 6 minutes left, we began our run. We scored a goal. Then, they scored a goal by dodging against me( I should have beaten him, but i had just gotten back on the field due to major cramps) and beating Jimbo on a BS play. With about four minutes left, we were down 10-8. Our attack did not get impatient, instead we used plenty of clock, scoring two more goals to tie up the game with about a minute left. Our offense got the ball and we called a timeout with 22 seconds left. On a semi-busted play, Gibby took it himself to score the go-ahead goal with 15 seconds left. On the ensuing faceoff, the ball made it down to our defense. They copmleted a pass to a man on the crease, but he dropped the ball as he was shooting on a nearly open net. The ball went up and I took a swat at it and missed. Lassiter's #4 tried to put the ball in the goal, but it bounced off Jimbo's foot, coming to rest about 10 yards wide of the goal as the buzzer sounded.

-Hope that was good enough Kappy