MUS v. CBHS

dkslakdfj

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully it doesnt get rained out, but this game is going to be awesome. The rivalry and competition between these two teams is unmatched. Coming off some pretty big wins, MUS will be in the groove ready to play. For them to do well they have to come into it like its not going to be a push over like they did last time. CBHS is going to be ready as well. They know how to play MUS and know what they have to do to win. It all depends on if they can excecute it well. Penalties for CBHS usually makes them lose, so if they lay off on the slashes and conduct fouls then they will make it a much more exciting game. To me this game is really up in the air as to who is going to win. Personally I think that MUS is going to be cocky again since they just beat lassiter and mcallie. This attitude, i think, will either be their downfall on wed or definitly will catch up to them in the tournament. Overall this game will be very close, but im really going to have to pull for the underdog. CBHS CAN DO IT AGAIN!!!! It also depends on Gibsons performance. If a team knows how to play gibson they they can usually keep him to about 2 goals. Lassiter knew nothing of him so thats why he had what five goals. Anyway good luck to both teams. I cant wait to see the outcome.

This looks to be a great game. Not only is it a bitter high school rivalry but is no longer "one-sided" by the outcome of their last matchup. However, I do not believe MUS comes into this game as cocky. That is the LAST things on their minds coming off wins over Lassiter and McCallie. I have got to go with MUS in this one for 3 factors:

1) Revenge factor is huge, especially in rivalry games

2) Homefield advantage always helps. I dont care what team it is.

3) MUS, player by player, is just a better squad.

I am looking forward to a close game...and I have to keep the stereotypes up so BOOYAH GIBBY!!!

Hopefully it doesnt get rained out, but this game is going to be awesome.  The rivalry and competition between these two teams is unmatched.  Coming off some pretty big wins, MUS will be in the groove ready to play.  For them to do well they have to come into it like its not going to be a push over like they did last time.  CBHS is going to be ready as well.  They know how to play MUS and know what they have to do to win.  It all depends on if they can excecute it well.  Penalties for CBHS usually makes them lose, so if they lay off on the slashes and conduct fouls then they will make it a much more exciting game.  To me this game is really up in the air as to who is going to win.  Personally I think that MUS is going to be cocky again since they just beat lassiter and mcallie.  This attitude, i think, will either be their downfall on wed or definitly will catch up to them in the tournament.  Overall this game will be very close, but im really going to have to pull for the underdog.  CBHS CAN DO IT AGAIN!!!!  It also depends on Gibsons performance.  If a team knows how to play gibson they they can usually keep him to about 2 goals.  Lassiter knew nothing of him so thats why he had what five goals.  Anyway good luck to both teams.  I cant wait to see the outcome.

825644743[/snapback]

I dont know about all this being cocky business but you can keep on thinking that.

I think that this game is going to be more of a battle for CBHS. the first game CBHS had a advantage of coming out prepared where as MUS came out cocky. I think that both teams have gotten better in many ways. from what i've heard MUS has gotten away from the whole pass the ball to Dan Gibson and let him score thing. On the other hand CBHS has gotten some of their players who were'nt big time players to step up. With the loss of Ben Jenkins, the attack line of Tony Heard # 1 and William Franklin # 14 had to start over with the coming of another attackmen. Miles Carter # 7 has stepped up and changed from his 2nd middie line position to starting attack. He used to be an attackmen and from what ive heard he hasnt shown any weak spots in any of his first games at attack. we'll have to see what kind of game these two teams put together this time...hopefully one like the last with a exciting game followed by a CBHS win.

MUS won 9-6 I believe. I heard that the game was really one sided with penelties. Word on the street is that the Refs. were all for CBHS and caled crap on MUS the whole night. My girlfriend, who's brother plays for MUS said it was raining yellow flags. Anyway, good win for the Buzzards, they deserve it after working hard before the game and for having to put up with the crappy penelties.

An ABSOLUTELY GREAT GAME!!! MUS tops CBHS 9-6 in a very hard, scrappy fought game. Scales was laying the wood like no other out there. MUS pulls out the lead early leading 5-2 at half but CBHS makes a 3-0 run to get within one near the end in the 4th quarter at 7-6. But brilliant offense and an absolutely incredible run by John Klinke helped MUS pull away and score 2 to put the Brothers away 9-6. From what I hear, MUS had to win by two to get homefield advantage for playoffs or something, so it made it that much more exciting at the end. Tempers were flaring in the rivalry but all in great fun(although it got pretty heated at some points).

SCALES BABY! BOOYAH GIBBY!!!

Here is a final for ya 9 to 6 MUS... MUS is leading 7 to 2 in the 3rd. A while later it is 7 to 6. Late in 4th MUS goes up 8 to 6, roughly 3 minutes to go. Later w/ a minute or so to go. Dan Gibson drives from the right side in an unsetteled situation, pushes GLE comes up has the ball checked out in the process of shooting. It hits my chest, another one of our poles picks the ball up runs from the crease out of the box. THEN, we will say Ref A calls a WHITE (MUS) T.O. Ref B runs over to tell Ref A that White had not had possession for a while. Then Ref A under the pressure of the home bench and crowd (someone called homefield adavantage earlier) says they called it before they dropped it. NOW will someone inform me how long the ref can wait to blow the whistle... I mean we almost had the ball at the half line when he decided to blow his whistle, and our pole had run w/ it from the crease? Anyone know? (by the way mus guys should be out raged by the officating too. it was awful by well we will say Ref A. Scales chime in here, because he was out of the game in the 3rd quarter if i am right.) on the way to the bench i receive a conduct foul...which i disagree w/ but thats a totally different story. MUS gets the ball and scores while i am serving. Congrats to them wrapping up 1st place... they played well. I was impressed w/ our guys. We came back after being down. Good game jimbo, and to the MUS offense yall came out firing at the start of the game.