MUS v. CBHS

dkslakdfj

Here is a final for ya 9 to 6 MUS... MUS is leading 7 to 2 in the 3rd.  A while later it is 7 to 6.  Late in 4th MUS goes up 8 to 6, roughly 3 minutes to go.  Later w/ a minute or so to go. Dan Gibson drives from the right side in an unsetteled situation, pushes GLE comes up has the ball checked out in the process of shooting.  It hits my chest, another one of our poles picks the ball up runs from the crease out of the box. THEN, we will say Ref A calls a WHITE (MUS) T.O.  Ref B runs over to tell Ref A that White had not had possession for a while.  Then Ref A under the pressure of the home bench and crowd (someone called homefield adavantage earlier) says they called it before they dropped it.  NOW will someone inform me how long the ref can wait to blow the whistle... I mean we almost had the ball at the half line when he decided to blow his whistle, and our pole had run w/ it from the crease? Anyone know?  (by the way mus guys should be out raged by the officating too.  it was awful by well we will say Ref A.  Scales chime in here, because he was out of the game in the 3rd quarter if i am right.)  on the way to the bench i receive a conduct foul...which i disagree w/ but thats a totally different story.  MUS gets the ball and scores while i am serving.  Congrats to them wrapping up 1st place... they played well.  I was impressed w/ our guys.  We came back after being down.  Good game jimbo, and to the MUS offense yall came out firing at the start of the game.

825646671[/snapback]

Chris you played a heck of a game, and i am hoping the next time we meet we will not have the same refs, because that destroyed the tradition of the great mus-cbhs rivalry. the game was a slugfest and i commend both teams. see you in the playoffs

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely the worst Lacrosse game I have ever been a part on. I think the refs need to take an Ethics class. I do not think that it is ethical to officiate a rivalry game like this one when your son is on the field or your son graduated from one of the teams in recent years. I dealt with the first two bs calls, but when the ref threw a flag on one of our coaches and the flag was thrown at me I lost it. I got my third penalty for holding my hand up to block the ref's "unintentional" toss. The next time the ball was at my end, I had had enough, and I apologize for running over those two guys, but I could not take it any longer. The third foul on me during that play was also bs, I hit Tony's stick right between his hands. I can't wait 'til the end of the season to give those refs a piece of my mind.

Throughout the game, the refs would not let us touch any of their players, while Sam and Cooper were raped from behind on numerous plays and did not receive a call. In fact, Hopkins got pushed from behind by Schaeffer and he landed in the crease, and what do you know, Hopkins got called for being in the crease. However, in the last two minutes or so, CBHS could not get a call their way, which surprised me.

-On another note, the Brothers played well against us like I thought they would, but I think they lost the game by not capitalizing on our 19 penalties. They only scored on one man up situation, and it was a two man advantage.

I feel really bad for letting my team down by getting kicked out at the end of the third quarter. I am really happy for my teammates that stepped up to pull out the important victory.

Chris, you played one heck of a game. And to all the other players for CBHS, good game.

I hate that such a big rivalyry game could be ruined by poor officiating.

Good luck to CBHS in the playoffs, I want to meet ya'll in the finals up in Chattanooga.