District 4AAA

homerun29

This has been a hectic year so far in the district 4AAA. Farragut is out of 1st place for the first time in about 4 years. Its been very exciting so far with a handful of good games. Current standings are as follows...

1. South Doyle

2. Farragut

3. Bearden

4. Maryville

5. Heritage

6. William Blount

7. West

8. Sevier County

I've attended many of these exciting games and it's just very tough to tell who will end up winning this tough district this year. What is everyone's prediction on this district this year?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not surprised at the standings as they are right now.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Farragut and South Doyle tied at the top of the standings when it's all said and done.

Bearden is also a contender.

Looks like the Blount county teams are going to fight it out for the middle of the pack. In prior years the 4-5-6 seeds were important because Farragut was so much better than everyone else. Thus the #6 seed caught a break by not playing in the 1-4-5-8 pool.

I don't think that's going to matter as much this year because Farragut and South Doyle will likely head up the two pools - pick your poison.

Because West is rebuilding, I though Sevier County might have a shot at getting out of the cellar. Both of those teams have struggled against the rest of the district so far.

This has been a hectic year so far in the district 4AAA.  Farragut is out of 1st place for the first time in about 4 years.  Its been very exciting so far with a handful of good games.  Current standings are as follows...

1.  South Doyle

2.  Farragut

3.  Bearden

4.  Maryville

5.  Heritage

6.  William Blount

7.  West

8.  Sevier County

I've attended many of these exciting games and it's just very tough to tell who will end up winning this tough district this year.  What is everyone's prediction on this district this year?

825644549[/snapback]

For the 4AAA history buffs, when is the last time Farragut didnt finish at the top of the standings?

I remember that Bearden team, they had a lot of talent while those guys were there. I think that they still had Permakov as the coach too. It was a shame he had to leave that school. He got just as much respect for him as a baseball coach as Pharr from Farragut and Howard from South Doyle. I was very sad to see him go and I would say a lot of Bearden fans would have to agree.

Edited by homerun29

I remember that Bearden team, they had a lot of talent while those guys were there.  I think that they still had Permakov as the coach too.  It was a shame he had to leave that school.  He got just as much respect for him as a baseball coach as Pharr from Farragut and Howard from South Doyle.  I was very sad to see him go and I would say a lot of Bearden fans would have to agree.

825645085[/snapback]

Acutally, that team was the first year Mitch Carter coached. Permakoff left the year before. Some say that team might have made it alot further with Permakoff.

I remember that Bearden team, they had a lot of talent while those guys were there.  I think that they still had Permakov as the coach too.  It was a shame he had to leave that school.  He got just as much respect for him as a baseball coach as Pharr from Farragut and Howard from South Doyle.  I was very sad to see him go and I would say a lot of Bearden fans would have to agree.

825645085[/snapback]

PERMAKOFF WAS FIRED FROM ARMY, FIRED FROM UT, AND FIRED FROM BEARDEN. ENOUGH SAID!

So what?  He was still an awesome coach.  It doesn't matter if he was fired from all those things.  At least when he was there Bearden could actually beat Farragut occassionally and be in contention for first place every year.

825645750[/snapback]

HE HAD BETTER TALENT BACK THEN, HIS LAST YEAR AT BEARDEN, HE LOST ALL GAMES TO FARRAGUT.