over rated

d1future

You know I believe that classifications like 5a 4a 3a 2a 1a is the most over rated staments in all of high school sports. They really only mean how many people go to the schools. It's like sayin a undefeated 3a team is better than an undefeated 2a team because more people go to the 3a school. A team is good because of the players and coaches at the school. Not the student body because 90% of the kids at schools don't play sports. Please give me your thoughts I'd like to hear them.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know I believe that classifications like 5a 4a 3a 2a 1a is the most over rated staments in all of high school sports. They really only mean how many people go to the schools. It's like sayin a undefeated 3a team is better than an undefeated 2a team because more people go to the 3a school. A team is good because of the players and coaches at the school. Not the student body because 90% of the kids at schools don't play sports. Please give me your thoughts I'd like to hear them.

825644883[/snapback]

I think the classifications can be accurate to a point. The more students there are at a school, the more there's going to be trying out and that competitive drive helps some teams.

They also have several schools that pour into the bigger schools.

Edited by THSVikings2004

I agree that the size of the school does not always tell how good a team really is. A 3a school may sometimes beat a 4a school, but howmany times do you see a 2a school beat a 5a school, that is rare. The larger schools have a bigger pool to find athletes, that is what gives them an edge.

Guest catfish-hunter
4A Maryville is overrated this year.....They willb e defeated by the 2A Alcoa team.

Put your money on it  thumb  thumb  thumb  thumb  thumb  (there went my signature again!)

825645070[/snapback]

Patriotpride needs to quit giving Alcoa's opponents so much chalkboard material heading into the 2005 season. Maryville and Fulton may shut that mouth for u guys early on this season, then when you guys beat those weak 2A teams in east-TN there will be a possibility of eight teams waiting for you in the 'Boro. Any one team like Goodpasture, DCA, CPA, Huntingdon, Milan, Camden, Westview, and USJ could beat Alcoa on a given night.

Patriotpride needs to quit giving Alcoa's opponents so much chalkboard material heading into the 2005 season.  Maryville and Fulton may shut that mouth for u guys early on this season, then when you guys beat those weak 2A teams in east-TN there will be a possibility of eight teams waiting for you in the 'Boro.  Any one team like Goodpasture, DCA, CPA, Huntingdon, Milan, Camden, Westview, and USJ could beat Alcoa on a given night.

825645771[/snapback]

I've seen USJ outcoach teams that were twice as good as they were.

Patriotpride needs to quit giving Alcoa's opponents so much chalkboard material heading into the 2005 season.  Maryville and Fulton may shut that mouth for u guys early on this season, then when you guys beat those weak 2A teams in east-TN there will be a possibility of eight teams waiting for you in the 'Boro.  Any one team like Goodpasture, DCA, CPA, Huntingdon, Milan, Camden, Westview, and USJ could beat Alcoa on a given night.

825645771[/snapback]

i aggree i think they will have a surprise waiting for them in the boro

4A Maryville is overrated this year.....They willb e defeated by the 2A Alcoa team.

Put your money on it  thumb  thumb  thumb  thumb  thumb  (there went my signature again!)

825645070[/snapback]

I haven't seen any rankings out yet so how (other than you obviously hate them and try to slam them on every thread) do you know they are overrated? If Alcoa does not beat Maryville this year they may never beat them again. I like our defense against Alcoa's offense, I like our depth, I like our coaching vs Alcoa's. Our young offense will be the wild card.

I haven't seen any rankings out yet so how (other than you obviously hate them and try to slam them on every thread) do you know they are overrated? If Alcoa does not beat Maryville this year they may never beat them again. I like our defense against Alcoa's offense, I like our depth, I like our coaching vs Alcoa's. Our young offense will be the wild card.

825646049[/snapback]

another thing they act like they ran over huntingdon last year in the title game but they didnt milans defense held huntingdon to 12 points if huntingdons defense would have showed up they would have been in trouble ya know that title game was alot closer than they think it was

Guest catfish-hunter

That title game goes completely different if the following happens:

In the second half, Huntingdon took a two score lead when Weathers scored on the pass play from Crocker. Huntingdon got a turnover and had great field position. Instead of going to work on the ground (which is a TRADEMARK of Huntingdon football) Mansfield and Swenson decide that they want to become the Indianapolis Colts. After three straight incompletions, Huntingdon punted. That is when a big return for a TD happened and Alcoa had the momentum from that point on throughout the rest of the game. If Huntingdon had just gave the ball to Donald, then they would have taken a three score lead and Alcoa would have packed it in (just like the 2003 semifinal embarrassment to David Lipscomb). The Huntingdon coaches had some success through the air and for once they got too cute for their own good. Anyone who says Alcoa shut down Huntingdon's offense is retarded. Hampton was running wide open on the first TD. Weathers carved 'em up on his TD run. A simple half-back pass and Weathers got behind the secondary for an easy score. Donald carried the enitre Alcoa secondary into the end zone on a 4th and goal at the end of the first half. Weathers caught a simple screen pass and made one move for and easy score.

Alcoa won a state championship by playing defense like that and now they are ready to play with the big boys like Maryville and Fulton??? NOT thumb Fulton shut down both Covington and Greenbrier the past two years I saw them in the 'Boro. Maryville held a Melrose team to 6-points and Melrose last year would not have lost to Alcoa. I sure do hope that Alcoa has learned how to tackle over the off season because if not it's not gonna be fun trying to repeat. I don't care how many UT signees are on your offense.