MUS 9 CBHS 6

wavelax1

the game was very exciting, mus got up 7-2 and cbhs made a comeback and got it to 7-6 w/ less than 5 to play. the momentum changed when #13 for mus got 5 penalties in about a span of 3 minutes and was ejected from the game. cbhs then went on a 4-0 run. whoever he is he owes his teammates an apology b/c he let cbhs back in the game. he was the dirtiest player for mus that i have ever seen and i have been watching mus cbhs games since 94. i doubt coach dent will allow that to happen again. mus controlled most of the game and deserved to win. dan gibson was the difference tonight. i think he had 4 goals and a couple of assist. good luck to both teams and hopefully we will see you again w/ the brothers coming out on top.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

people always talk about how cbhs always has a bad attitude. however, 13 has the worst attitude out of any player i have ever seen in my life. everyone should know that if you get a penalty, you do not talk back to the refs. cbhs players kept their heads high the whole time while the mus players were being the prime examples of horrible sports.

if cbhs had its head in the game the first half, there would have been a different outcome.

i cant wait until state.

the game was very exciting, mus got up 7-2 and cbhs made a comeback and got it to 7-6 w/ less than 5 to play.  the momentum changed when #13 for mus got 5 penalties in about a span of 3 minutes and was ejected from the game. cbhs then went on a 4-0 run. whoever he is he owes his teammates an apology b/c he let cbhs back in the game. he was the dirtiest player for mus that i have ever seen and i have been watching mus cbhs games since 94. i doubt coach dent will allow that to happen again.  mus controlled most of the game and deserved to win. dan gibson was the difference tonight. i think he had 4 goals and a couple of assist. good luck to both teams and hopefully we will see you again w/ the brothers coming out on top.

825646645[/snapback]

I heard that most of the calls were against MUS. From what I heard, Scales didn't deserve to be ejected. Obviously the one sided Refs. didn't help CBHS out...

i wont deny cbhs having some bad attitudes over the years, but i was proud of them playing a clean game tonight and keeping their heads when the game could have gotten out of hand. really both teams did a good job of keeping their heads other than # 13, his dirty play ruined what was a great game.

i wont deny cbhs having some bad attitudes over the years, but i was proud of them playing a clean game tonight and keeping their heads when the game could have gotten out of hand. really both teams did a good job of keeping their heads other than # 13, his dirty play ruined  what was a great game.

825646668[/snapback]

I wouldnt necessarily say it was the cleanest game for either teams, and clearly the refs were against MUS. because I can think of prime examples of should be penalties for cbhs, but i also have to commend cbhs on not responding to Scales' break down. MUS did have a bad game, and hopefully in the playoffs we will meet again and have a much cleaner game.

Sounds like a really great game to have watched. Must say that I am dissappointed that so many people seem to have come away from the game with the impression that Bubba played so dirty. He just lets his emotions get to him, and he needs to control that if he really wants to help the team win state again this year. From what I can gather, it was his ejection that allowed CBHS to get their little run and get the game close in the 2nd half.

I'm pleased to read so many accounts of the game, though. Its nice to know so many people were watching. Were there any other really amazing plays? I read in one post that Klinke had a very nice goal. Any big hits from Jimbo? What caused Taylor to get a conduct foul?

Wish I coulda been there,

Kappy (Now an official college lax player, notching some nice saves earlier this afternoon)

In Scales' defense, the "reffing" of the game of CBHS vs. MUS was "interesting." MUS scored 19 penalties tonight, and i would have to say that a fair majority of them were very questionable. I say this not only from my observation of the game, but i am #32 for MUS, and i was the penalty leader of the team until recently. I had zero penalties tonight, and i dont really think i changed my game too much. I dont know if that means anything to anybody else, but that tells me that the reffing was "interesting." Scales has almost always been at odds with the refs, and he has a history of receiving questionable calls (and, i'll admit, plenty of good calls). Scales does let his emotions get to him at times, but he is still a very important part of the MUS defense. I believe it was about when Scales got ejected when CBHS made its comeback. He may like to hit, but he is also a solid defender. We all have our faults

Enough with Scales and refs.

I agree that both teams (except for one dude) held there composure and put up a great game. I thought that there were relatively few (compared to past MUSCBHS games) cheap shots and what was left was some pretty good lacrosse. I would imagine that both teams have some "excuses" as to why we "didnt play our best" but i think that was solid competition.

Lastly, (though i have to think hard before saying it) im glad to see that CBHS has come out to play this year, putting up a great fight against McCallie. I hope that between the MBA, McCallie, CBHS, and MUS, and then other great teams out of state such as Lassiter can draw some recognition and recruiting down south by real lax schools.

Although I did lose my temper, I did not say a single word the the officials. I am waiting until after the season to talk to them. I did lose my temper, and for that I am sorry. I do not appreciate biased refs, heck. one of the refs threw the flag at me when he was penalizing one of our coaches, then he called an unsportsmanlike conduct foul on me for the flag hitting me. Explain that one wavelax.

MUS - CBHS state championship game sounds nice.....