NOW ... it's official

TankTalk

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow....Great job Tank. On waiting until it was official

Channel 10 needs a spatula to get the egg off their face.

1] Who wil the assistants be?

2] Who is vying for the QB position?

Congrats Coach Stephens you will do great things!

825647258[/snapback]

If I remember right, I don't believe any head coach can change assistants. DCCATVOICE would know more about this.

As far as the quarterback position, of course with a new coach anything can happen. But as far as looking at last year, it would be Connor Gulmire and Revel Coffey vying for the starting quarterback. I would have to go with Connor. He seems to have the talent and swagger you need to make those quick decisions on a big time level.

No matter who was named head coach, as I said in previous threads this team returning is loaded. The Wildcats should be the favorite to win it all in 2005.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

You all kill me with this 3A, 5A stuff. When I played there was only 3A. 5A is nothing but a watered down system to bring in more money for the TSAA. A good thing to look at is the recent vote they had to scale down to 4 classes during the season, but during the playoff move back to 5 classes.

5A schools just have more athletes to choose from and more depth to compete year in and year out. At anytime one can beat the other and that is the only game that matters at that time. We should have learned that from our loss to Anderson County.

Although I'm sure that everyone on hear loves Oak Ridge football let's step back and take a look at what really have we accomplished since the 1991 Championship.

1991 State Champions at 3A

1992 5-5

1993 11-3

1994 13-1 Undefeated Regular Season

1995 11-1 Undefeated Regular Season

1996 12-2

1997 8-4

1998 10-3

1999 12-1 Undefeated Regular Season, Region 2-5A Champs

2000 11-2 Region 2-5A Champs

2001 6-4

2002 9-3 Lori Neimeyer kicks extra point, 1st points by a girl in OR history

2003 12-2 Region 2-5A Champs

2004 12-2 Region 2-5A Champs

WOW! Looks like all we can really celebrate is a a bunch of undefeated regular season, region champion ships and a girl kicking a extra point. I don't see any "5A Championships"

But everybody seems to be walking around with their chest poking out saying whoopee we're Oak Ridge. Well if those accomplishement satisfy you then Stanton shouldn't have any problems. I for one want to win, and quit having to say wait for next year.

I support Stevens, and I think he is the right choice. All he has to do is average 11 wins and 2 losses for the next 14 years and he will be okay. That's what the last two coaches did, and you all seem to consider them great. But I'm sure that the standards will change for him, all of a sudden we will expect more.

HECK BE HAPPY YOU ALL WANTED TO SETTLE FOR A COACH WHO WAS 5-5. That's what you really need to be questioning.

The expectations for Coach Stevens this season will be the highest. You know why, because Oak Ridge is loaded with talent. If Coach Gaddis would have been the coach, you know what the expectations would be? Just as high as they are for Stevens.

There is no difference in expectations at Oak Ridge from 1950 to now. Oak RIdge always expects to win it all. Have they done that since 1991, no. We will see if Coach Stevens can get the job done. I hope he can. But if he does not win it all, there will be doubters just as there were for every other precious coach at Oak Ridge.

You are trying to make this a Coach Stevens issue. It is not a Coach Stevens issue. He will be supported by all TRUE Wildcat Fans. And as I said earlier, the expectations for 2005 will be HIGH! VERY HIGH!

This was an administration issue. Let's be clear on that.

I call it like I see it. I'm not the one making it a Stevens issue. My last post was in response to someone who said Steven shouldn't have been a finalist and the other such post. The one in particular was in BIG RED letters, looks like it got deleted.

But if that wasn't a Stevens issue then you tell me what it was. May be that's why it got deleted.

Edited by extremefury

Y'all better get back to X's and O's or Coach will be in here to shut this thang down...you've already lost two threads.

You've got a coach now...talk about the team and your chances for 2005...sheeez

825647468[/snapback]

That is the truth. They have been shutting them down left and right. But from what I gather, as long as you don't disrespect someone or call them names then you are safe. WHewww.

Did I say anything wrong there. :lol:

well oak ridge has a new coach. i met him today for the first time. I for one and gonna get behind coach stevens and try and pull the cats through. it doesnt matter anymore if he wasnt your choice, it is now time to rally together and go win a state championship. Coach Stevens has proven he is capable of it and i dont see any reason this team shouldnt go all the way. Good luck wildcats and good luck coach stevens you my total support.