NOW ... it's official

TankTalk

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the committee did in deed pick Gaddis the administration has put Coach Stevens in a difficult spot.  Now I don't look for this to happen but if for some reason or another things don't go well he is really going to take some heat and the Administator who wanted him won't be there to support him.

Good move to get Stevens.  Bad move to over rule the committe wishes.

825647217[/snapback]

No disrespect to Coach Stevens, but the committee did in deed send Gaddis' name to the principal and three times.

well oak ridge has a new coach. i met him today for the first time. I for one and gonna get behind coach stevens and try and pull the cats through. it doesnt matter anymore if he wasnt your choice, it is now time to rally together and go win a state championship. Coach Stevens has proven he is capable of it and i dont see any reason this team shouldnt go all the way. Good luck wildcats and good luck coach stevens you my total support.

825647541[/snapback]

Amen Orforlife. It is time to put this horrible process behind us and support Coach Stevens. He is a proven winner, a players coach and an Oak Ridge Alum. You can't do much better than that.

Now on with spring practice. Only 10 days away and I cannot wait. This team will be dangerous every Friday night and will no doubt excite the fans. We need to rally all Oak Ridge fans and take what is hopefully a joyous ride to the state championship.

Congrats Coach Stevens and bring us that ring we have so desperately been waiting for since '91.

Those are the posts the program needs right now. It also sets a great example for the youth of Oak Ridge ... the ones this entire process is really supposed to be about.

I just wish that attitude would quickly spread throughout and we can get down to business.

Amen Orforlife.  It is time to put this horrible process behind us and support Coach Stevens.  He is a proven winner, a players coach and an Oak Ridge Alum.  You can't do much better than that.

Now on with spring practice.  Only 10 days away and I cannot wait.  This team will be dangerous every Friday night and will no doubt excite the fans.  We need to rally all Oak Ridge fans and take what is hopefully a joyous ride to the state championship.

Congrats Coach Stevens and bring us that ring we have so desperately been waiting for since '91.

825647711[/snapback]

Those are the posts the program needs right now. It also sets a great example for the youth of Oak Ridge ... the ones this entire process is really supposed to be about.

I just wish that attitude would quickly spread throughout and we can get down to business.

825647714[/snapback]

Tank, I heard a rumor that you had some info or leads early in the coaching search that might have exsposed the improprieties of the selection process by the principal and superintendent ? Any comment?

Way to go OR!! It looks like the local guy is the right guy for the job. Stevens grew up in Oak Ridge, played Football at Oak Ridge and is now THE MAN in Oak Ridge. I am guessing Coach Stevens is on CLoud 9 right now. First ever African American Head Coach at Oak Ridge? I have to believe he is and that is a great thing. Football has become a racial barrier breaking zone in the US.... more so than any other sport, especially for Coaching.

Good Luck Wildcats.... like you need it... see you in a few month's in Kingsport.

Giddy Up!!

Not true at all.

When and if I knew anything about the selection process, there was a story in the newspaper. I can honestly say I received no "leads" or "inside" information about anything, nor did I try very hard to find that.

I don't print rumors, which we all heard a bunch of.

I will stand up and say I feel VERY sorry for the time and effort that the advisory committee spent on this, only to have it seem like a waste. However, if you look at the name of the very committee and notice that advisory part, it pretty much tells the story that they were not in charge of the actual hiring.

No matter how people feel, there is a process that is in place. That process was followed and Oak Ridge has a coach in place. Those that did serve on the advisory organization, should be congratulated ... but of course we won't officially know whose hands to actually shake.

Tank, I heard a rumor that you had some info or leads early in the coaching search that might have exsposed the improprieties of the selection process by the principal and superintendent ? Any comment?

825647734[/snapback]

Edited by TankTalk