Bearden vs. Farragut

Jorj

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how did the big game turn out and what did the wet ground, bad refs, and what not have to do with it.

825647580[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure that Bearden won 1-0. I wasn't at the game, so I don't know how it went.

Edited by ah20

I admire your great attiiude and good sportsmanship.

825647914[/snapback]

Farragut dominated the game and couldn't score. You can't get points for controlling the game and Farragut needs to find the net somehow. They did come out harder this game than against Catholic; so i think they surprised some people.

It's amazing how many times a team loses 1-0 or ties and says that they "dominated".

825648016[/snapback]

well baided, that can happen tho, a team might totallydominate a game but just somehow not find the net. in fact that happens all the time, u may be a better team but never find a way to score and in the end what does that get u, nothing

It's amazing how many times a team loses 1-0 or ties and says that they "dominated".

825648016[/snapback]

First of all noone at Farragut said that, 2nd It happens all the time, a team can outshoot a team 30-1 and still lose, it is the nature of the game. The winner is the team that can successfully get it in the net. As far as dominating andy game it is up to the viewer to decide, everyone sees it different.

It all went down to just going out there and giving 110%...letting the chips fall where they may. I believe Farragut wanted to play good, hoped to played good, but in the end they didn't play pretty good last night. We should all be thankful for times like these, times where we can kick a round ball on opposite ends of a field in hopes of it landing in a net. Nam was a little bit different. It was more like dodging round balls on opposite ends of a field in hopes of not ending up in a net. The point is Farragut needs to create more opportunities for themselves, they possess well, but they just don’t give themselves the right opportunities. Congrats on Bearden, you didnt get too many opportunities, but when you did you put them away, well... more than Farragut did.

BOSS01, What are you talking about? See people like you should just never exsprese there thoughts. Farragut had great oppurtunities last night. The problem is they try and take the ball in to the 6 yard box and then shoot. If they would have shoot more from out side the 18 (Which was wide open ALL NIGHT LONG) they probbly would have found the net. Look at Bearden's keeper, how tall is he? The only player on Farragut who had balls to take the long shoot was number 12. He's the only one. He had the best looks all night long ( beside Austin Rohds breakaway that should have been finished) and two shoots came of the cross bar. The keeper just watched those two that came off the crossbar and couldn't do anything about them. Anything low and the Bearden keeper had. Farragut just didn't make smart desitions last night. Which goes back to coaching, this shows really how good of a coach Culbert really is. He doesn't have the tallent he had last year and that shows really what kind of coach he is. He has tallent and yet they don't win the games they should. The worse part is he called Turner a coaching genious. Turner's worse then Culbert. Turner thinks he has the boyz he did a couple of years ago. He tries to play the long ball, but news flash turner you don't have upshaw and hurbsritt there to play that style any more. Sooner or later Turner and Culbert has got to relize that there's more to coaching then just having talent and letting them play. Coaching have to know when to change the style of ball according to the style of players you have. And as for baidad and the rest of the junk that boss01 said about farragut not playing good, It's amazing how many people will get on these site and say things just to be heard. i wish the best of luck to both teams. Both have very tallented players and i know they will do well.

Umphattycow or Fatty head ,I am a Farragut player and you are dead wrong. We let emotion get contol of us last night and not do what coach said , yet he never yelled at us and said we would fix things. We have played one of the hardest schedules in the state this year with hurt and missing players . No excuses just don't blame our Coach for our record. He and Turner have 4 State Championships between them, How many do you have??? We lost 11 senoirs off our teams for two years in a row. Yes, talent will win you games but not STATE championships, You have to have good coaching. Ask any players on those 4 teams and they will tell you , they couldn't have won with out the coaches they had,Turner and Culbreth.. OUr coach is the greatest and says judge us how we are at the end of the year and we are working towards that. Aaron Doyle one of the greatest players ever in the State said, I wouldn't ever want to let coach down that is why I give my all. It takes a special coach to get that out of someone, That is who I am talking about, our Coach Culbreth, and that is why I and my teammates think is a winner and will make us one thumb