Homeruns this season

sportsguy1

What you should be saying is "Don't even think about throwing fastballs up in the zone".....If it is a true rise with "pop" she would not be hitting it!  Lot's of girls claim to throw a rise...but few actually do..or at least have the upward movement.  Ask a GOOD hitting coach and he will tell you....How do you hit a rise ball......You don't....you just don't swing!  Take the ball!

825653548[/snapback]

I agree with coach23...if its a true riseball, with a lot of jump, you are not going to hit it very far...most people think a high fastball is a riseball, but its not the same thing.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey i have a great idea.  Home Run Contest at the MTSCA this year. Evey girl with over 8 home runs compete.. Its about the girls and it would be great to watch.. I  dont think that would be hard to do. What do you guys think ?

825653757[/snapback]

sounds like a good idea to me, however you may not have many participants if you set the limit at 8..I think there is some sort of TSSAA rules that would prevent anyone that was not a graduating senior to participate in an all-star event.

Edited by Bleacherbum

Guest diamond fan
I agree with coach23...if its a true riseball, with a lot of jump, you are not going to hit it very far...most people think a high fastball is a riseball, but its not the same thing.

825653720[/snapback]

Nethertheless, the original question was, I believe "Who are some power hitters across the state?" Whether you acknowledge C.A.'s schedule or not, (which you can review on coacht), the reality is that she conceivably could have had more homeruns, had some teams not pitched around her. Any kid that has hit that many is without question, a power hitter, particularly a Freshman! It'd be interesting to see who leads the state in homeruns.

Nethertheless, the original question was, I believe "Who are some power hitters across the state?"  Whether you acknowledge C.A.'s schedule or not, (which you can review on coacht), the reality is that she conceivably could have had more homeruns, had some teams not pitched around her.  Any kid that has hit that many is without question, a power hitter, particularly a Freshman! It'd be interesting to see who leads the state in homeruns.

825653799[/snapback]

I'd be surprised if anyone has more than 14 homeruns. But just because you may not have many homeruns doesnt mean that you are any less of a power hitter. It all comes down to the quality of pitching that the power hitters face. Its much easier to hit a homerun on a 55 mph fastball than it is a 62 mph riseball.

Guest diamond fan
I'd be surprised if anyone has more than 14 homeruns. But just because you may not have many homeruns doesnt mean that you are any less of a power hitter. It all comes down to the quality of pitching that the power hitters face. Its much easier to hit a homerun on a 55 mph fastball than it is a 62 mph riseball.

825653805[/snapback]

I'll agree with that statement, but the reality is, (if you're honest) you can count on one hand the number of pitchers in this state that throw the 62 mph riseball consistently; which brings up the point that the majority of hitters (statewide) are not facing that pitch. Regardless, it was never implied that power hitters are only power hitters, if they take it out. It just seems obvious that someone who does, would fall into that category.

I'll agree with that statement, but the reality is, (if you're honest) you can count on one hand the number of pitchers in this state that throw the 62 mph riseball consistently; which brings up the point that the majority of hitters (statewide) are not facing that pitch.  Regardless, it was never implied that power hitters are only power hitters, if they take it out.  It just seems obvious that someone who does, would fall into that category.

825653830[/snapback]

Thats a fair statement. I wasnt trying to imply that she isnt a good power hitter. I'm only trying to say that there is a big difference in the quality of pitching on a daily basis on the Class A level as there is in the Class AAA level, excluding Goodpasture, whose pitcher is as good as any level.

They had a Home Run derby at the Waverly Diamond Classic this year. Chaning Jewett of Rossview won it and Ashley Elrod of Rossview came in 3rd. Rossview has had 4 different girls hit HR's out of the park the last 2 days against good teams (White House and Hunters Lane), Their 1,2,3 and 4th batters each hit one. Elrod, Tucker, Hansen, and Jewett.