Hixson Baseball

vols55

hey how about playing a little tougher schedule

im not trying to take anything away from you guys but come on i know howard and tyner are district games but play more than two games a week and lets see how ya do im interested in seeing how yall do this weekend in the trojan classic

good luck

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats with everybody wanting to knock hixson because of their schedule? I dont see why this is always coming up when people know they have to play Howard and Tyner. If you got beat by them or are not ranked as high, stop using this as an excuse. A schedule is not as flexible as most people believe.

im not trying to take anything away from you guys but come on i know howard and tyner are district games but play more than two games a week and lets see how ya do  im interested in seeing how yall do this weekend in the trojan classic

good luck

825652197[/snapback]

How about realizing that who you play in your assigned district is not up to you but a part of mandatory scheduling according to TSSAA rules. You have to play a certain number of games within the assigned district. Hixson has played a number of quality teams in the area besides the district teams you mentioned, as well as entering numerous tournaments. Take the time to check the records before letting loose with your cannon and letting that wild pitch sail into the stands.

By the way they were victorious two out of three times verses AAA Soddy Daisy this year and Soddy Daisy is a QUALITY baseball team. In addition they have played Marion Co., Notre Dame, Red Bank, have Ooltehwah scheduled for Thursday the 21st and Grundy Co. next Tuesday the 26th.

What's with the Hixson bashing going on here lately by a few select postals???

I KNOW I SAW THAT ONE, BUT THEY USUALLY PLAY TWICE A YEAR......JUST WONDERING IF THEY HAD PLAYED ONE BEFORE THEN.....

825652642[/snapback]

Again guys, it's that schedule thing. Usually games with an opponent who is some distance from you merit one match up in the regular season. Examples here are Grundy, Marion, Bledsoe, etc. Not so in basketball, but that's the way the schedule has been in baseball for years.

Go look at the schedule and tell me your team doesn't schedule cake games too. At least the cake games we have to play are the only ones. The non'district games are for the most part tough games.

Soddy, Red Bank, ND, Ooltewah, teams in Louisiana, etc. shut that filthy mouth.

825652245[/snapback]

WHATS UP WITH EVERYBODY FROM HIXSON HAVING SMART MOUTHS......THAT POINT GUARD HIXSON HAD IN 2004 THOUGHT HE COULD GET SMART WITH RODNEY HENDERSON AND HENDERSON POPPED HIM IN THE MOUTH.....I THINK THE POINT GUARDS LAST NAME WAS GREEN????????

im not trying to take anything away from you guys but come on i know howard and tyner are district games but play more than two games a week and lets see how ya do  im interested in seeing how yall do this weekend in the trojan classic

good luck

825652197[/snapback]

Wow...coming from a guy who's team scheduled back-to-back games with single A "power" Grace Academy later this month! For a AA schedule, Hixson's schedule is pretty rigorous!

It seems like every month there is a post like this, getting on some team's schedule. What's your point vols55? A team plays the teams in their district, plays tournaments and then plays their district tournament. Who else are they supposed to play? The tournaments they play in, they don't decide who they play. I just don't understand your point, I guess.