coffee county beats lincoln county

5A football fan

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whitney Price - works count to 2-2, fouls off pitch, ball, full count, fouls off another pitch, takes a high rise ball (close), walks, winning rbi.

825653446[/snapback]

How do you get an RBI on a walk? I thought it was Run "Batted" In. Shouldn't you give a RBI to a batter on a sactifice bunt or deep fly if a runner scores? Some do, some don't!

Of course Chelsea Owens is human! anything can happen....she has pitched alot of innings in the past 2 months and sounds to me that for have been pitching that long and that many innings every varsity game, sounds like a champ to me! She'll get rested up and get rolling again to make this season a tough one! tough loss LC! and congrats to the Lady Raiders! GO REBELETTES!

Whats a real hit ? I thought if ball was hit it was an error or a hit.Just kidding ,got to have some fun to get over last nights loss. Lady Falcons hold your heads high. I still feel like your the team to beat out of district but remember this district is loaded for gun for you. When your on top everyone is shooting at you,ask Coffee Co., they have been in your situation for years.

So Chelsea Owens IS human after all. I was beginning to wonder! Tough loss to LC.

825653543[/snapback]

Yes she's human and she did hit a wall. Tuesday night against Columbia, she t

twisted her back. she went to the chiropractor wed. but was still in pain.

She also has a seviere bruis on her hip where she has hit it with her elbow. Pitching so many games takes its toll.

Edited by gomidstate

How do you get an RBI on a walk? I thought it was Run "Batted" In. Shouldn't you give a RBI to a batter on a sactifice bunt or deep fly if a runner scores? Some do, some don't!

825653582[/snapback]

coachrt..thats just the way scorekeeping is done....you get an RBI if you walk with the bases loaded....If a batter knocks in a run on a sacrifice bunt, or a deep fly, they also get credited with an rbi, even though they may have made an out. However, you dont get an RBI if an error was made which caused the run to score.

If a batter knocks in a run on a sacrifice bunt, or a deep fly, they also get credited with an rbi, even though they may have made an out.

825653754[/snapback]

That's the way I scored it, but some coaches don't. They only gave credit if the batter drove in a run and made it safely on base. I just haven't thought much about the bases loaded walk in run being scored a RBI. That's the reason I usually let a knowledgeable parent keep my books. :(