CoachT Mock Draft

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pacman Jones was a great pick for the Titans. it appears as though he is to small and if you havent seen him play before i can understand yall not liking that pick....but he plays with the heart of a lion on the field. he may be small but he wont back down from anybody PLUS he has the speed to hang with any reciever in the game.

True but I dont understand why you pass on a taller more physical corner just because Pac man is faster? Rolle has blazing speed himself, of course not as fast as Jones, but he is taller and a very good tackler who hits like a safety! Pac man will do fine in the NFL but I think Rolle will be better!

True but I dont understand why you pass on a taller more physical corner just because Pac man is faster? Rolle has blazing speed himself, of course not as fast as Jones, but he is taller and a very good tackler who hits like a safety!Pac man will do fine in the NFL but I think Rolle will be better!

825655930[/snapback]

yea thats true, and its a good thing too....cause he probably will be a safety in a couple of years. he doesnt have blazing speed, he's fast enough to keep up with the average recievers but he will get beat by the quicker guys, thats the main reason he wasnt picked higher. being a physical corner isnt much of an advantage anymore with the new contact rules. Rolle may be a better shutdown corner when he can keep up with the guy but atleast with Jones we know he wont be gettin beat by the deep ball. Pacman is gonna be a gambreaker...he will be a threat to take it to the house everytime he comes up with an intereception and he should be a great return man as well. both guys will end up being good corners theres no doubt about that....just depends on what you prefer...limit the catches(Rolle) or take away the big plays(Jones).

yea thats true, and its a good thing too....cause he probably will be a safety in a couple of years. he doesnt have blazing speed, he's fast enough to keep up with the average recievers but he will get beat by the quicker guys, thats the main reason he wasnt picked higher. being a physical corner isnt much of an advantage anymore with the new contact rules. Rolle may be a better shutdown corner when he can keep up with the guy but atleast with Jones we know he wont be gettin beat by the deep ball. Pacman is gonna be a gambreaker...he will be a threat to take it to the house everytime he comes up with an intereception and he should be a great return man as well. both guys will end up being good corners theres no doubt about that....just depends on what you prefer...limit the catches(Rolle) or take away the big plays(Jones).

825655974[/snapback]

Take away the big play? Whats going to happen to him when he lines up against a 6'5 or 6'6 reciever who runs down the field jumps and meets the ball at its highest point comes down with it and Jones cant tackle him and he runs for 60 yards, that a big play and that will happen some because Jones is not a great a great tackler or when Jamal Lewis runs off his side and the line pulls to block everyone expect for the 5'9 Jones who cant tackle that well! Then "PAC-MAN" will be a "FLAT-MAN"!

Take away the big play? Whats going to happen to him when he lines up against a 6'5 or 6'6 reciever who runs down the field jumps and meets the ball at its highest point comes down with it and Jones cant tackle him and he runs for 60 yards, that a big play and that will happen some because Jones is not a great a great tackler or when Jamal Lewis runs off his side and the line pulls to block everyone expect for the 5'9 Jones who cant tackle that well! Then "PAC-MAN" will be a "FLAT-MAN"!

825656005[/snapback]

ok i'll give you that.....now tell me how many 6'5 recievers he will face next year??? not many, i can only think of 2 off the top of my head and one of them is his teammate. theres not a wr in the NFL that he cant tackle...the Titans wouldnt have picked him if he couldnt tackle. the Titans are just horrible at picking Defense in the first round arent they...they probably wasted this pick just like they did on Jevon Kearse and Keith Bullock.

ok i'll give you that.....now tell me how many 6'5 recievers he will face next year??? not many, i can only think of 2 off the top of my head and one of them is his teammate. theres not a wr in the NFL that he cant tackle...the Titans wouldnt have picked him if he couldnt tackle. the Titans are just horrible at picking Defense in the first round arent they...they probably wasted this pick just like they did on Jevon Kearse and Keith Bullock.

825656019[/snapback]

Matt Jones(Jags) 6'6 4.39 40

Earnest Wilford(Jags) 6'4

Reggie Williams(Jags) 6'4

Andre Johnson(Tex) 6'3

Clarence Moore(Balt) 6'6

Randy Moss(Oak)6'4

Fred Gibson(Pitt) 6'4

Chris Henry(Cin) 6'4

Larry Fitzgerald(Ari) 6'3

Braylon Edwards(Cleve)6'3

Thats a sample of what he will have to line up against this coming season not to mention some of the best route runners in the game like Issac Bruce and Torry Holt, Chad Johson, Hines Ward, Marvin Harrison, and Jimmy Smith to name a few! I just dont believe he is big enough or physical enough to hang with this kind of talent!

Matt Jones(Jags) 6'6 4.39 40

Earnest Wilford(Jags) 6'4

Reggie Williams(Jags) 6'4

Andre Johnson(Tex) 6'3

Clarence Moore(Balt) 6'6

Randy Moss(Oak)6'4

Fred Gibson(Pitt) 6'4

Chris Henry(Cin) 6'4

Larry Fitzgerald(Ari) 6'3

Braylon Edwards(Cleve)6'3

Thats a sample of what he will have to line up against this coming season not to mention some of the best route runners in the game like Issac Bruce and Torry Holt, Chad Johson, Hines Ward, Marvin Harrison, and Jimmy Smith to name a few! I just dont believe he is big enough or physical enough to hang with this kind of talent!

825657064[/snapback]

you said 6'5 or 6'6 and the answer to that was 1, who Jones wont even be matched up against. Jones is small but the guy does play physical....even Jeff Fisher said that in the article i posted. there arent any 6'4 cb's in the league...every db in the NFL will be giving up a size advantage just about every game.

check this out since you think being 5'10 is to small....

7 cornerbacks on the probowl team last year: only 2 were over 6'0, 2 were 5'10, 1 was 5'9. you can argue that he's to small all you want but 3 of the 7 top cb's in the NFL last year were his size or smaller.

you said 6'5 or 6'6 and the answer to that was 1, who Jones wont even be matched up against. Jones is small but the guy does play physical....even Jeff Fisher said that in the article i posted. there arent any 6'4 cb's in the league...every db in the NFL will be giving up a size advantage just about every game.

check this out since you think being 5'10 is to small....

7 cornerbacks on the probowl team last year: only 2 were over 6'0, 2 were 5'10, 1 was 5'9. you can argue that he's to small all you want but 3 of the 7 top cb's in the NFL last year were his size or smaller.

825657083[/snapback]

I guess there is only one thing to do then, sit back and wait!

But as I said earlier, Jones will not be a bust and I think he will be a solid corner in the NFL, but he will not be as good as Rolle! thumb

but 187 lbs??? I have seen dogs that weigh more than this kid...

825657522[/snapback]

ah give me a freakin break.....let me go back and look up weights from the probowl team.....

Dre Bly- 185

Ronde Barber- 184

Lito Sheppard- 194

Champ Bailey- 192

Tory James- 186

Nate Clements and Chris McAlister- 206

thats 3 out of 7 that weigh less than him and 2 more guys that he's within a couple of bench presses of. what will yall 2 haters come up with next?? the numbers dont lie...he may not be as good as Rolle in the future but you cant tell me that he's to small when he's the same size, if not bigger, than half of the probowl corners.

ah give me a freakin break.....let me go back and look up weights from the probowl team.....

Dre Bly- 185

Ronde Barber- 184

Lito Sheppard- 194

Champ Bailey- 192

Tory James- 186

Nate Clements and Chris McAlister- 206

thats 3 out of 7 that weigh less than him and 2 more guys that he's within a couple of bench presses of. what will yall 2 haters come up with next?? the numbers dont lie...he may not be as good as Rolle in the future but you cant tell me that he's to small when he's the same size, if not bigger, than half of the probowl corners.

825657774[/snapback]

Ok lets get one thing straight, the man is listed at 5'9 1/2 and on draft day, the analyst said that was a stretch! So actually he is the same height as one Pro Bowler(Bly) while 3 out of the seven are 3-5 inches taller than him and the other three and inch to 2 inches taller than him! But once again I am not saying the man will not be productive, I am just saying he will not be the calibur CB that Rolle will be!

Look sure you have some great CB that stand 5'8 or 5'9, but it is a fact that the elite CB are 5'11 or taller! ex. Bailey, James, McCallister, Jammer, Terrence Newman, Dltha O'Neal, Samari Rolle, Fred Smoot, Shawn Springs, Patrick Surtain, Marcus Trufant, and Charles Woodson to name some!

I think Pacman will do good, but I have a question for you, Look at the stature of theses two men and tell me which one has a better shot of making it in the NFL!

http://media.theinsiders.com/Media/College..._bc17110803.JPG

http://www.draftdaddy.com/images/players/antrelRolle3.jpg