Red Bank Powell scrimage

RBHITMAN21

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little poor mouthing going on from the Powell faithful. Powell should in the hunt for the top spot in the region next year. Sure Maryville is the odds on pick until someone proves differently. But Powell has the talent to compete if not beat the best in the Region. They should be a lock for the playoffs with a very good chance to get a first round home playoff game.

As far as being able to compete with Halls. That is laughable. Halls has a new coach and things will be more positive on the North side of the ridge but they still don't have any talented athletes. Halls will be there with West fighting for that final playoff spot. Powell will beat Halls by 2 T.D's next year.

Red Bank and Mo. West should give Powell a good idea exactly how good they are.

I can't remember the last time Halls or powell beat the other by more than a TD.  What makes this year so different? :lol:

825653555[/snapback]

Hopefully one thing that might be different is that the game won't be played ankle deep in mud in a hurricane.

Do you really believe that if the game hadn't been played in the conditions that it was last year that it would have been a seven point game?

Honestly, Powell doesn't have the team to stay on the field with Halls, Clinton, or South-Doyle, much less Maryville or Central. None of the other region 3 teams need to worry about preparing for the Panthers. They can go ahead and work on the following week's opponents. :D

HIV i agree with dilweed what makes you think that either team will win by more than a touchdown.  that game is always close because of the hate they have for each other.

825653597[/snapback]

Primarily because of who will be returning from both teams. I'm happy for Kevin Julian and I believe that he will do a good job at Halls, but there just isn't a lot there right now for him to work with.

You are right, however. It is a big rivalry and it's normally closer than it should be. We'll see what happens in September.