District 9aa MVP

Gerry Bertier

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seth Lintz the freshman from MC has about 18 district innings and only 5 or 6 earned runs and every one of those except for one was against Lewis County. He pitched 6 shutout innings against Fairview and allowed one run in 7 innings against Page, only problem is MC lost both of those games. I know he wont be named MVP but hes definitely in the running.

Seth Lintz of Marshall Co. is one of the best freshmen I have seen pitch this season. I saw him pitch at Fairview and at Page and I was really impressed, especially at the Fariview game. He definitely has a great future ahead of him and look forward to seeing him develop.

I would either give the MVP to either Matt Bowling from Page, or Jeremy Miller from Page, but the most valuable player for an individual on a specific team would probally go to Seth Lintz for Marshall County.. He is a very dominate pitcher and not many players can hit him... But Matt Bowling has some great stuff, either way who ever gets the award really deserves it!!!!!!!!! Good Luck to everyone!!!!

It is amazing how they have won with not many people knowing any of the players. Who is their best two or three pitchers??? How did they do in district play? Did these pitchers hit well or anyone else on the team hit really well??? Just fill me in on some of them!

Another good pitcher for Giles is reliever Daniel Haley. I also like Darin Holt in CF - quick to the ball and also speedy on the bases. He's a good lead-off man. SS Rob Laxson is a good fielder and bats well in the 2nd position of their order. Wes Rodgers is a decent catcher and bats 5th. While their 6, 7, 8, 9 batters are not strong, they manage to reach base where the others can drive them in. But neely is right - it's a team effort, but hey, I know all their names as well.