Maryville Day!

Rebel Nation

No, this porbably isn't productive mods...but have a heart. These guys have mental issues and need some therapy. Here's your chance Champion Haters. Bash the Rebels all you want. It just might be theraputic.

I'm a card carrying Rebel fan, so I can start this kinda thread, if I choose...

Whats is it that makes you all dislike tradition, winning and pride so much? :P

Wow, that shows your lack of historical knowledge. Maryville has 9....count em...NINE State Championship Trophies. Riverdale has....how many?

MHS is like 60 something and 9 or 10 in the last decade. 68-9 I think. We have 4 championships in the last 5 years and 5 in the last 6. We took a year off so someone else could go to middle TN and get beat on by a memphis team. :lol:

Many apologies to my two very good friends in the Riverdale Community. Y'all are and always will be my boys...:D

Man, I hope the haters tomorrow have more brain cells than you :P

Let's just talk about Maryville demographically. It's essentially the "new" version of Farragut. The enrollment has increased dramatically in recent years, and their football has been dominant for about 8 or 10 years now. For a while, during the 80s, MHS wasn't very good at all in football -- which DOES say something about where they exist in a "historical" context. BUT, they do have like 2 million state championships, so...it would be ignorant and naive for anyone to say that Maryville doesn't have a great football program. Blount County in general has traditionally been EXTREMELY talented in football. In fact, Al Davis, Sr. was the first black player (Everett High) to play for the Univ. of TN. Over the last 20 years, Blount Co. has sent dozens of players to D1 colleges; they had successful college careers.

Whats is it that makes you all dislike tradition, winning and pride so much?

You should know since you constantly bash Oak Ridge. :lol:

You know your ego is out of control when you have to start negative treads about your school just so you can read more about your team. :P

But, I still love ya Big D.

If Maryville and Oak Ridge had a baby it would be named Riverdale :D