CSAS vs. Boyd?

justblaze

boyd grace is a pretty good rivalry..it will be senior night at boyd that game i believe as it is the last game of the season.  throw all records aside when we meet b/c its usually a good, physical game.  ill see how the teams play out until then and see how they do in the rest of there games.  skill wise grace has boyd beat there, but that doesnt always win games.  boyd is more of a direct team.  ur defense has no one that can keep up with akins so u better hope a long b all doesnt get through...ill give my prediciton the week of the game...what games do u have left vols? i know u have mcminn central which yall should win, they only have 1 dangerous player so if u stop him u should be fine.

825658498[/snapback]

After boyd, we play Baylor and then start the tourny. Last year we beat baylor 3-2, but we will have to see what we can do against them this year.

You are right about Boyd, what they lack in size they often make up for in athleticism and hustle. I believe we got a guy on D who should be able to contain Akins, and Moss should give your sweeper a good challenge. Should be a great game.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After boyd, we play Baylor and then start the tourny. Last year we beat baylor 3-2, but we will have to see what we can do against them this year.

You are right about Boyd, what they lack in size they often make up for in athleticism and hustle. I believe we got a guy on D who should be able to contain Akins, and Moss should give your sweeper a good challenge. Should be a great game.

825658524[/snapback]

since ur one of those plus member people email me ur aim name i was gonna ask u something real quick

The game was an okay game. CSAS not playing to their ability but still taking the win. Boyd played okay, was ridiculously unclassy. One ref was absolutely horrible and made horrid calls. I don't know which number it was but when Keeper for CSAS went to go retrieve the ball out of bounds for a goal kick a forward (as I presume) for Boyd goes up and bumps into him and falls and starts yelling like a little girl, and Keeper Chris Penn was given a yellow card. The most ridiculous antics i've seen in a soccer game in a while. On Blue (Patriot) throw-ins with the ref signaling a Blue throw-in a Boyd player would pick up the ball and throw it in and the ref wouldn't do a single thing. That by the way happened quite regularly. The playing conditions could've been a lot better without the torrential downpour that happened. Boyd as usual is quite unclassy and physical, and quick to anger. They have no problem diving at your shins or blind kicks at your feet when your dribbling. very unclassy

Hats off to CSAS for the win.

Ofcourse boyd is overrated...look at who they have beaten and by how much...yeah they killed us (Sweetwater) but i'm not going into that and getting everybody riled up.....but seriously...they barely beat not even mediocre teams..if the rankings were based on strength of schedule then boyd would be like..maybe 9th or 10th...but they're not...haha idk why i just posted I just saw that overrrated post and had to reply..i definately agree with that statement though SniperOflove..haha... and oh yeah... the Grace game should be a thrashing..if they can finish well...Boyd doesn't possess (or however u spell it....) at all and thats what Grace is awesome at...much love to Grace....

Edited by swtsoccer87

Could CSAS just not finish chances or did they just posses and not get many quality chances even tho the build up was good?

eveyone knew that Boyd played a defensive style with 2 fast and strong stikers, and when they match up with a tam that tried to posses the ball and is affective at it they would have trouble... csas is a team that likes to do exactly that, get possesion and pull the defense out of shape and then attack spaces. i would say it's good win for csas

passing the ball around and controlling it is overrated in my book for high school soccer..run and gun baby. csas didnt really dominate the game in my eyes but thas just my opinion. both teams nearly had the same amount of chances, i think csas had 3 more shots on goal. it was mostly boot ball or let that pedro dude juke people in the middle for both teams haha...and i still think drew akins dive on the csas keeper was play of the game..ive never laughed so hard watching a soccer game.

Edited by reaction

It was a classic case of Ref calling what he THOUGHT he saw. He was turning to walk up field as the ball slowly rolled wide accross the end line. When Drew dove{did the keeper even touch him?} the Ref saw it out of the corner of his eye and whipped his head around making the bogus call.