Status of UTC Wrestling Camp?

rigger101

Late breaking bulletin from Steve Hamilton <hamiltonsj2003@yahoo.com>

"Dear Coaches,

As you probably know, Terry Brands has taken a position at USA Wrestling in Colorado Springs. Although he has left UTC we will still be conducting our summer camps. We will run the camp the same as we did last year. At our Team Camp participants can expect to wrestle between 10-12 matches or duals. Also the best wrestlers in the camp will wrestle in an ALL-Star Dual.

One feature which we feel separates us from many of the other camps is our Headliners. We feel we have the best camp staff in the southeast. Also on other feature which we feel makes our camp unique is our ranking system. At the beginning of the camp we have the coaches rank their wrestlers according to their abilities and accomplishments. This ranking system ensures that wrestlers are paired with opponents of equal ability. We are having two team camps, June 19-23 or June 26-30. So far we have been getting a great response for the camps, currently we have 12 teams that are planning on coming to the Team Camp I and 8 teams that are coming to Team Camp II. We will also conduct a technique camp-June 19-23 and an Intensive Camp June 19-30.

I have attached a revised brochure onto this email that has the cost and other relevant information. If you have any questions please feel free to email me back or you can reach me at 423-425-4997.

Steve Hamilton

Assistant Coach-UTC"

Unfortunately I do not have the skills to attach the "attached brochure" referred to in the letter.

• 4 weeks later...

Updated info on the UTC camps (received May 24):

(also posted on AlabamaWrestling.Net)

World Class Clinicians slated for UTC Wrestling Camp

UTC Wrestling will feature the following clinicians for our summer camp schedule

Technique Camp & Team Camp I

*Tom Brands - Olympic Gold Medalist, World Gold Medalist

*Tolly Thompson - World Team Member, 2005 National Champ

Team Camp II

*Sammy Henson - World Champ, Olympic Silver Medalist

*Randy Lewis - ‘The king of Funk’, Olympic Gold Medalist

*Brad Penrith - Head Coach at Northern Iowa, World Silver Medalist

UTC Wrestling Camps take pride in providing our campers with one of the best camp staffs in the country. Each clinician will offer campers and coaches their unique perspective on how they became dominant in the sport of wrestling.

Also new UTC Head Coach, Joe Seay will be in attendance during the duration of the camps. It would be a great opportunity for coaches to meet Coach Seay and see the coming vision of UTC Wrestling.

For more information about UTC Wrestling Camps please contact Steve Hamilton at 423-425-4997 or email him at hamiltonsj2003@yahoo.com