Ryan-Brentwood

yaya48

Father Ryan and Brentwood come into their game Friday night, 6:00 @Ryan, as 2 of the top ranked teams in the state. They have played some similar games this year with Ryan losing to CBHS, and Brentwood beating them, but Ryan beating Hendersonville with Daniel Kelley, and Brentwood losing to them with out Daniel.

Who wins this game and why?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Father Ryan will win this game if they play to their potential. They are playing the game with a win earlier this week and with a game to play the next day so they are playing with the usual scenario...surrounded.This just happens to be when they play best, under pressure. Father Ryan has some awesome talent and a strong offense that can score goals quickly. Their defense can keep the ball on the other side of the field with tough and aggressive tactics. Brentwood has a number two powerhouse of the state record for a reason. they are no push-over, but Father Ryan knows that, and isn't expecting a walk in the park. Father Ryan is coming to play. I am sure Brentwood is doing the same. This will be a big game. lets all come out to cheer and watch two great soccer teams play great soccer. Go Irish!

Just got home, here is the gist of the game. Final score was 2-1 (in favor of Father Ryan). Good game. Ryan scored very quick off a back side header. Brentwood then had a goal about fifteen minutes later off a dropped ball to the top of the 18. The next goal wasn't scored till about five minutes left in the game. It was off a throw in; a lot of fighting in the six led to the goal. And there you have it. A physical game between two solid teams. It came down to the end. I would say it lived up to its billing.

I was at the game and from what I saw, Brentwood seemed to take it to Ryan for about a 20 minute stretch in the first half, but only had 1 or 2 shots on Ryan's goalie in the second half where he actually was tested. Ogilvy (spelling?) played very well I thought for Brentwood along with Hall, and Lowder had a decent game up top. For Ryan, there goalie made some incredible saves in the first, and had good play mainly all around which was what had to happen for them to win. Final goal was extremmely weird with Ryan's sweeper, who is almost constantly talking, coming up and throwing the ball off a Brentwood player into the goal.

Overall one of the better games I have seen in a long time by both teams,

anyone else have input on the game?