Macon Co.

beethoven

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i feel sorry for the kids at macon county. now that the superintendant has ran off some quality coaches, they have to learn new coaches systems and personalities. i can only see the head coach getting tired of all the b s that the superintendant does and leave as well.

that would be disasterous for the tigers. we can only hope the kids play through it all and do well this year.

I don't blame him for leaving, I would get out as soon as I could. And It's not just the superintendent causing all the problems, his wife acts like she runs the whole thing, and their are some school board members who are to busy kissing butt to see what's going on. It's nothing but a mess in Macon and it probably won't get better anytime soon.

Yeah it seems to me that the administration in Macon County want to return the football program to its days of drowning in toilet water. I guess that's what happens when football makes a huge turnaround and basketball assumes the low spot. The people in Macon County need to remember what the program was like before Dyer came in. I hope Coach Dyer hangs around and finishes this season anyway, but I wouldn't blame him if he left. I wish the coaches in Macon County the best with whatever happens.

Yeah it seems to me that the administration in Macon County want to return the football program to its days of drowning in toilet water.  I guess that's what happens when football makes a huge turnaround and basketball assumes the low spot.  The people in Macon County need to remember what the program was like before Dyer came in.  I hope Coach Dyer hangs around and finishes this season anyway, but I wouldn't blame him if he left.  I wish the coaches in Macon County the best with whatever happens.

825690831[/snapback]

Football in Lafayette and in RBS get treated about the same...noone cares...I know RBS never fields a really good team, and neither does lafayette...but they could show a lil more respect to the 2 programs...

i see that someone else knows who wears the pants in the prock family. and it is a shame to see some good kids get the shaft due to political reasons. it seems to me that even though football is lookin up somewhat in macon county and gained lafayette some statewide recoginition (the kind that basketball had given them) due to its sucess the last couple of years, the administration wants to block the strides that football has taken.

there is a reason the teams have been better than previous years and that is the ablility of the coaching staff to stay intact long enough to get the kids ready to use what talent they had. stability goes along way toward confidence. which leads to wins. and who doesn't want wins! anybody can see that.......exept maybe the ones who make the decisions unfortunatly.

maybe one day the people of macon county will get the marbles to remove the bad apples that are in place in the administration and replace them with people who have the kids best interest in heart...........we can only hope!

I agree...If the students love the sport, the club they're in etc. they'll keep thier grades up so that they can keep involved...If one cannot get an acedimic scholarship some could get and athletic scholarship to get them college and some people depend on things like that just to get them into college...so they should take not just football, but every sport in Lafayette and RBS serious...

I don't blame him for leaving, I would get out as soon as I could. And It's not just the superintendent causing all the problems, his wife acts like she runs the whole thing, and their are some school board members who are to busy kissing butt to see what's going on. It's nothing but a mess in Macon and it probably won't get better anytime soon.

825690573[/snapback]

You and I finally agree on something,I have been saying the same thing the last 5 or 6 years.

Macon county has this group of people that try to run the county. They go to Prock and whine that their kid doesn't get to play. Then Prock goes to the coach and fusses at him about. Prock needs to let the coaches do their jobs. And these belly-aching parents need to quit their bi***ing. I am not putting down these kids but some kids are better at some sports than others. I hope Coach Dyer stays in Macon county; he has really done a great job with our boys. I don't have a son that plays but my daughter had him in class this past year and really thinks alot of him.

Good luck to the tigers in their coming season!!!! :blink:

Muffin, me and you don't agree on much, It may be the first time actually. I think this is something that many people in the county will agree upon though.YOU WILL NOT TYPE SOMETHING LIKE THAT AGAIN OR YOU WILL BE REPORTED TO COACH T FOR ABUSE AND MISUSE OF HIS WEBSITE. And as far as the coaching goes I don't think many people realize how much Dyer and the staff have turned the program around and really fixed it until it's to late and he's gone.

Edited by QueenBee