Tullahoma vs Siegal

gomidstate

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just would like to add Sami did a good job pitching.And the 3rd baseman was amazing to watch.The fans all seem to be having a good time .Wish everyone luck in the districts.

:D

825665492[/snapback]

I have a question. I was reading the paper yesterday and it said Sami was 16-0, in her games. Was this Sami's first loss? I could of swore she had started many games in which they lost but I really dont know about how many innings you have to pitch in order to be accountable. ( 3???)Also a little off the subject, can somebody clarify what constitutes a save, and what has to happen for relieving pitcher to get the win. Maybe I should have started a new thread for this question , but it seems like a simple enough one.

Again, this question does not apply to either team , it is just a question on a rule I dont clearly grasp.

Edited by overthefences

I have a question. I was reading the paper yesterday and it said Sami was 16-0, in her games. Was this Sami's first loss? I could of swore she had started many games in which they  lost but I really dont know about how many innings you have to pitch in order to be accountable. ( 3???)Also a little off the subject, can somebody clarify what constitutes a save, and what has to happen for releaving pitcher to get the win. Maybe I should have started a new thread for this question , but it seems like a simple enough one.

Again, this question does not apply to either team , it is just a question on a rule I dont clearly grasp.

825665553[/snapback]

NFHS Rule 9-6 Art. 7

In order for a pitcher to be credited with a save, she shall meet all three of the following criteria:

a. she is the last pitcher in the gamewon by her team; and

b. she is not the winning pitcher; and

c. she meets at least one of the following:

1. she enters the game with a lead of not more than three runs and pitches

at least one inning; or

2. she enters the game, regardless of the count on the batter, with the

potential tying run either on base, at bat or on deck; or

3. she pitches effectively for at least three innings.

note: A starting pitcher who is replaced and then re-enters as pitcher can be credited with a win but not a save.

NFHS Rule 9-6 Art. 7

In order for a pitcher to be credited with a save, she shall meet all three of the following criteria:

a.  she is the last pitcher in the gamewon by her team; and

b.  she is not the winning pitcher; and

c.  she meets at least one of the following:

1.  she enters the game with a lead of not more than three runs and pitches

at least one inning; or

2.  she enters the game, regardless of the count on the batter, with the

potential tying run either on base, at bat or on deck; or

3.  she pitches effectively for at least three innings.

note:  A starting pitcher who is replaced and then re-enters as pitcher can be credited with a win but not a save.

825665612[/snapback]

Thank you

One more question:

According to the rule book what requirements does a pitcher have to meet in order to be declared a losing pitcher? Do they have to pitch three innings like a winning pitcher, or is it a subjective type of thing?

Also, when counting saves, do they count as a win also on a pitchers record or just as a save? How are undecided games recorded on a pitchers record?

Sorry in advance for the silly questions, but when I ask people they really dont know. By the way, is the NFHS rule book on line?

One more question:

According to the rule book what requirements does a pitcher have to meet in order to be declared a losing pitcher? Do they have to pitch three innings like a winning pitcher, or is it a subjective type of thing?

Also, when counting saves, do they count as a win also on a pitchers record or just as a save? How are undecided games recorded on a pitchers record?

Sorry in advance for the silly questions, but when I ask people they really dont know. By the way,  is the NFHS rule book on line?

825665658[/snapback]

This will be a little long:

NFHS Rule 9-6 Art. 6

Winning and losing pitchers are determined as follows:

a. If the starting pitcher has pitched the first four innings or more and the team is ahead when the pitcher is replaced and it holds the lead for the remainder of the game, the starting pitcher shall be the winning pitcher.

b. If a game ends for whatever reason, having gone less than 7 innings, then the starting pitcher must have pitched 3 or more consecutive innings to be declared the winning pitcher. If the starting pitcher cannot be declared the winning pitcher and more than one relief pitcher is used, the winning pitcher is determined as follows:

1. If the score is tied, it results in the game becoming a new contest so far as judging who is the winning and losing pitcher.

2. If the starting pitcher is replaced before having pitched four or more innings and the team is ahead, the official scorekeeper shall determine the winning pitcher to be the relief pitcher who has been the most effective.

3. When the opposition goes ahead, pitchers up to that time in the game cannot be credited with the win. However, if the pitcher who was pitching when the opponents took the lead remains in the game as pitcher and his or her team subsequently takes and maintains the lead the remainder of the game, said pitcher is credited with the win.

4. Generally the relief pitcher credited with the win is the pitcher who is pitching when the team takes the lead and holds it for the rest of the game. However, if the relief pitcher pitches only a short while or not effectively and a succeeding relief pitcher enters and does better work in keeping the lead, the latter shall be granted the win.

c. If a pitcher is replaced by a pinch hitter or a pinch runner, the runs scored by the teamduring the inning of removal are credited to that pitchers benefit for deciding the pitcher of record when the team takes the lead.

d. The starting pitcher shall be charged with the loss when replaced and the team is behind or falls behind because of runs assessed to the starting pitcher after being replaced and the team does not subsequently tie the score nor take the lead.

e. A pitcher cannot be given credit for pitching a shutout if the pitcher does not pitch the complete game, unless the player enters the game with no one out before the opponents have scored in the first inning and she does not permit the opposition to score during the game.

Saves do not count as wins on the pitchers record. Saves are relatively rare in softball. The teams with saves in their record usually have good pitching STAFFS.

Edited by RaiderOne

Thank you again

825666076[/snapback]

Sami is not undefeated as the paper stated, but she did not get the defeat against Tullahoma. She came in the game and relieved the freshman and the score was already 4-0. Sami gave up 1 hit and was not scored upon in this game.