showdown 15ustate

One more week people, then its showdown at Goodpasture High School for the 15u state...I really think this is a packed line-up.. Teams are YOMCA, KAYA, TN TRAVELERS, TN THUNDER, STALLIONS, CELTICS, SE ELITE AND MEMPHIS WARRIORS...

ITS TIME FOR YOUR INFO...WHAT TEAMS DO YOU THINK WILL COME OUT OF STATE.......

IT LOOKS LIKE 3 TEAMS ALREADY HAVE BIDS TO THE NATIONALS, SO IT LOOKS LIKE 7 TEAMS WILL BE GOING TO NATIONALS... AM I WRIGHT ON THIS.. thumb

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One more week people, then its showdown at Goodpasture High School for the 15u state...I really think this is a packed line-up..  Teams are YOMCA, KAYA, TN TRAVELERS, TN THUNDER, STALLIONS, CELTICS, SE ELITE AND MEMPHIS WARRIORS... 

ITS TIME FOR YOUR INFO...WHAT TEAMS DO YOU THINK WILL COME OUT OF STATE.......

IT LOOKS LIKE 3 TEAMS ALREADY HAVE BIDS TO THE NATIONALS, SO IT LOOKS LIKE 7 TEAMS WILL BE GOING TO NATIONALS...  AM I WRIGHT ON THIS.. thumb

825670206[/snapback]

FOUND-OUT THAT ONLY 4 TEAMS ARE GOING TO THE NATIONALS..PLAY BALL GUYS....

Here is the schedule for the 15-U State Tournament in Nashville, TN. Tournament dates are May 20-22 and all games will be played at Goodpasture HS.

POOL A

A-1 East #1 Tennessee Travelers

A-2 North #1 Memphis Celtics

A-3 West #2 Memphis Warriors

A-4 South #2 Tennessee Thunder

POOL B

B-1 West #1 YOMCA-Team

B-2 South #1 Southeast Elite

B-3 East #2 KAYA-White

B-4 North #2 Nash Stallions

SESSION I Friday, May 20th, 2005

4:15 pm Game 1 B-2 vs B-4 Southeast Elite vs Nashville Stallions

5:30 pm Game 2 B-1 vs B-3 YOMCA-Team Memphis vs KAYA

6:45 pm Game 3 A-2 vs A-4 Memphis Celtics vs Thunder

8:00 pm Game 4 A-1 vs A-3 Tennessee Travelers vs Memphis Warriors

9:15 pm Game 5 B-4 vs B-3 Nashville Stallions vs KAYA-White

SESSION II Saturday, May 21st, 2005

1:00 pm Game 6 B-1 vs B-2 YOMCA-Team Memphis vs Southeast Elite

2:15 pm Game 7 A-4 vs A-1 Tennessee Thunder vs Tennessee Travelers

3:30 pm Game 8 A-3 vs A-2 Memphis Warriors vs Memphis Celtics

SESSION III Saturday, May 21st, 2005

5:00 pm Game 9 B-3 vs B-2 KAYA-White vs Southeast Elite

6:15 pm Game 10 B-4 vs B-1 Nashville Stallions vs YOMCA Team-Memphis

7:30 pm Game 11 A-1 vs A-2 Tennessee Travelers vs Memphis Celtics

8:45 pm Game 12 A-4 vs A-3 Tennessee Thunder vs Memphis Warriors

SESSION IV Sunday, May 22nd, 2005

9:00 am Game 13 (Bracket Play) #1 Pool A vs #2 Pool B

10:15 am Game 14 (Bracket Play) #1 Pool B vs #2 Pool A

11:30 am Game 15 (Seventh Place) #4 Pool A vs #4 Pool B

SESSION V Sunday, May 22nd, 2005

2:30 pm Game 16 (Fifth Place) #3 Pool A vs #3 Pool B

3:45 pm Game 17 (Consolation) Loser Game 13 vs Loser Game 14

5:00 pm Game 18 (Championship) Winner G. 13 vs Winner G.14

could someone please provide the schedule or give me a website that has the tournament dates and times each team plays?  Thanks in advance..df

825671530[/snapback]

What teams has automatic bids to the Nationals? Also, if 4 teams only have bids does that mean the other 4 will make it no matter what? According to this bracket there's only 8 teams in the state and you're saying 7 teams will make it? :unsure:

Last but not least where did you get your schedule from Candlelight?

What teams has automatic bids to the Nationals?  Also, if 4 teams only have bids does that mean the other 4 will make it no matter what?  According to this bracket there's only 8 teams in the state and you're saying 7 teams will make it? :unsure:

825672382[/snapback]

THATS WHAT I THOUGHT....THERES 3 TEAMS WITH AUTOMATIC BIDS, THE Y, WARRIORS, AND SE ELITE, THE ELITE PLACED AT A SUPER REGIONAL,, THEIR ALREADY IN,, SO THE TOP 4 TEAMS GET BIDS, SO IF THESE TEAMS :) PLACE 1ST-2ND-3RD, THAT MEANS 4TH-5TH 6TH 7H WILL GET AUTOMATIC BIDS...TELL ME IF IM WRONG ON THIS..THATS HOW ITS BEEN IN THE PAST...I HAVENT HEARD OF ANY NEW RULE CHANGES,

THATS WHAT I THOUGHT....THERES 3 TEAMS WITH AUTOMATIC BIDS,  THE Y, WARRIORS, AND SE ELITE, THE ELITE PLACED AT A SUPER REGIONAL,,  THEIR ALREADY IN,, SO THE TOP 4 TEAMS GET BIDS, SO IF THESE TEAMS :blink:  PLACE 1ST-2ND-3RD, THAT MEANS 4TH-5TH 6TH 7H WILL GET AUTOMATIC BIDS...TELL ME IF IM WRONG ON THIS..THATS HOW ITS BEEN IN THE PAST...I HAVENT HEARD OF ANY NEW RULE CHANGES,

825672466[/snapback]

Teams with Super Regional bids have the option to choose that bid or the State Bid should they qualify. The state bid is theoretically a better seed so teams usually take that one. Also think that b/c the Travelers are considered a host team for Nationals this year, that they get a bid as well.

I received my schedule from the head of the AAU State Tournament and the host organization this year, the Tennessee Thunder. Let me know if you need anything else!

What teams has automatic bids to the Nationals?  Also, if 4 teams only have bids does that mean the other 4 will make it no matter what?  According to this bracket there's only 8 teams in the state and you're saying 7 teams will make it? :D

825672382[/snapback]

Teams with Super Regional bids have the option to choose that bid or the State Bid should they qualify.  The state bid is theoretically a better seed so teams usually take that one.  Also think that b/c the Travelers are considered a host team for Nationals this year, that they get a bid as well.

825672738[/snapback]

IF THE TRAVELERS ALSO HAVE A BID SINCE THEY WERE A HOST IN A TOURNEY THAT MEANS 4 TEAMS ALREADY HAVE BIDS..THAT MEANS ALL 8 TEAMS GO..I THINK THUNDER HAS A BID TOO.. THAT MAKES 5 TEAMS WITH A BID...WHATS THE OUT COME OF THIS......

IF THE TRAVELERS ALSO HAVE A BID SINCE THEY WERE A HOST IN A TOURNEY THAT MEANS 4 TEAMS ALREADY HAVE BIDS..THAT MEANS ALL 8 TEAMS GO..I THINK THUNDER HAS A BID TOO.. THAT MAKES 5 TEAMS WITH A BID...WHATS THE OUT COME OF THIS......

825675248[/snapback]

Did the Thunder get their bid in a Super-Regional?

Did the Thunder get their bid in a Super-Regional?

825675370[/snapback]

I havent heard that the Thunder has a bid. If they do, it must be from a Super Regional, possibly in Atlanta. If the Travelers didnt get the host spot, then I dont know that they have a bid either.

BTW--Memphis Celtics got disqualified from 15U State today. SE Elite Silver now gets the spot.